Views, News & Wins from Milieu’s 2016
2016 was a big year for Milieu — come celebrate our successes, and connect and collaborate with us in 2017 on shared city-building and citizen engagement projects.
Where did you see us in the past year?
- We hosted Citizen City with Citizens Academy in May 2016.
- Luisa Ji, President of Milieu, was a presenter at Civic Tech TO’s Hacknight #58 in September 2016.
- Milieu had a booth & presented at CASCON 2016 (Cognitive Computing and Cyber Physical System) in late October to early November.
Where did we appear in the news?
- Novae Res Urbis wrote about the Cities of Tomorrow competition that Milieu won (in the “Planning for Job Creation” category) in February 2016.
- Techopia Ottawa wrote a feature on Milieu in August 2016.
Which competitions did we win?
- Milieu was awarded funding from Innovation Guelph Fuel Injection Seed Funding program in January 2016
- Milieu won for the category of “Planning for Job Creation” in the Cities of Tomorrow competition in February 2016
- Milieu won the American Planning Association’s #apps4planning competition (Tech Division) in April 2016
- Milieu was selected to be a part of Guelph’s new Civic Accelerator Program in August 2016
- Milieu completed a report for Ottawa City Councillor Jeff Leiper in October 2016 for 190 Richmond Rd, and a second report for Armstrong Street
- Our team acquired our first office in January 2016 — come visit us at 145 Spruce Street!
- Our team is growing quickly so stay tuned for our move to a bigger and brighter office in the same building!