Beautiful Questions. Beautiful Answers.
“Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.” Voltaire
Voltaire said the way to judge a person was by the questions they asked of themselves…and other people.
I believe he’s right.
He saw his task as helping people to “give birth” to fresh, new and beautiful insights.
It was his conviction that real understanding must come from within…and that questions were the gateway to growth, change and maturity.
Much like Socrates and his Socratic method of teaching…
Voltaire was of the view that everybody can grasp philosophical truths if they just use their innate reason…and sound questioning was his tool of choice.
In that spirit, I present to you a series of questions which will challenge you to think, force you to test assumptions…and help you to initiate change in your life.
These are questions whose answers have changed a lot for me as I have asked them throughout my life, but they have never failed to make me better or give me something to think about.
- Who am I communicating with most frequently?
- What are we communicating about?
- What impact do they have on me and me on them?
- What have they got me thinking?
- What have they got me saying?
- What have they got me doing?
- What have they got me reading?
- What do they have me becoming?
- Are they helping me to achieve my goals?
- Am I adding consistent value to their life?
- Do they inspire and challenge me to grow?
- Am I playing to win or playing not to lose?
- Am I doing work that makes me happy?
- Who and what I have become?
- Does my behavior inspire others to greatness?
- If I passed today, would I be proud of my contributions and legacy?
Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay?
I’ll close with a few words from Albert Einstein…
“Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning.”
If you enjoyed this post…it would mean a lot to me if you could click on the “claps” icon to the left side. Up to 50 claps allowed — Thanks!
Gary Ryan Blair is creator of the 100 Day Challenge…a beautiful approach to goal achievement that shows people how to accelerate their results, achieve 10X size goals and transform every area of their life and career — FAST.