One of the more challenging tasks with flashing is flashing a mining OS image to an SSD. Everything is good if you have the right cable and you are flashing for only one rig. But if you don’t have the right cable at hand and you have dozens of rigs to flash, SSD Flasher is a tool that will help you out.
The main idea behind SSD Flasher is to have a tool that can help you quickly flash any msOS image without the need to disassemble the rig. The rig can run on SSD (preferable), HDD, or USB drive. It can already have a msOS or any other mining OS distro running, or it can also have an empty drive.
What do you need?
- USB 3.0 (at minimum) with at least 16 GB capacity
- SSD Flasher image
- msOS image that you want to flash to your rigs
- Rigs that already have their own drives - SSD, HDD, or USB drives
How to use SSD Flasher
- Download fresh SSD Flasher image
- Flash it to your USB 3.0 with at least 16 GB capacity
- Download msOS image that you want to flash
- Unzip the msOS image and copy/paste it to the main directory of your USB
- Make sure your rig has a different SSD, HDD, or USB drive plugged in
- Plug the USB into the rig and wait for flashing to finish
Connect worker(s) to minerstat dashboard
Your rig will have a default config.js file once the process finishes. You can use the discovery tool to add workers to the dashboard.
Want to take your mining monitoring and management to the next level? Join minerstat and start for free.