Awards 2016 — Best Tutoring Company in the UK?
We’re delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted for Best Tutoring Company in the UK at this year’s EducationInvestor Awards.
The EducationInvestor Awards are the most prestigious and well-attended awards ceremony in the education sector. Minerva Tutors has been shortlisted for ‘Best Private Tuition Company’.
The shortlist for Best Tutoring Company was announced in August and the judges will make their decision prior to an awards ceremony at the Lancaster Hotel in London on Wednesday 16th November. The expert panel will be awarding honours to the ‘organisations and individuals that have made an outstanding contribution to the sector during 2015/6’. We look forward to challenging for the award alongside some exceptional education businesses.
According to organisers, 2016 has been the most competitive year for entries, with submissions up 10% on last year. The top prize last year — ‘Education business of the year’ — went to Seymore House, who provide Early Years Education and Child Care at a centre in Essex. We join seven other businesses, each competing for the accolade of Best Tutoring Company in the UK.
Our application to this year’s awards highlighted our diversity as an education company. We wanted to shed light on every area of the business that uses private tuition as a core service.
These areas include:
- the Minerva Me Club, the UK’s fastest-growing holiday school based exclusively in central London
- the Minerva Trust, our charitable arm that reinvests profits to provide educational services to disadvantaged migrant children arriving in the UK
- Minerva Homeschooling, our all-inclusive school replacement programmes for parents who are unable to send their children to a traditional school
- Nightschooler, our adult-learning sister-company, fast becoming known as ‘the learn anything’ specialists
- Minerva Consulting, our expert school and university advice and preparation service
- Minerva Tuition Centres, our low-cost group tuition centre opened in Hackney earlier this year, providing the same world-class tuition to low-income families
We also outlined our values and what we believe sets us apart:
- We hire full-time tutors, not freelancers
- We’ve built beautiful reporting technology for parents and tutors and called it “Temple”
- Our educational philosophy- the Minerva Method — remains inclusive and inspiring — it’s our firm belief that through motivating, encouraging, and inspiring, every child can succeed in the classroom and the world beyond
All of this year’s finalists including the finalists for Best Tutoring Company in the UK, can be viewed here. We’d like to offer our congratulations to everyone who has made the shortlist so far.
See you all in November.
If you are a journalist and would like to find out more about the awards or our application, please get in touch with Hug0 — firstname.lastname@example.org.