10 Tips for Choosing the Right Dentist
Follow these simple steps and you’re sure to find a good dentist
MISBLOC (Medical Information Service with Blockchain) is a medical service ecosystem which is based on blockchain technology. MISBLOC offers a sustainable and efficient medical service ecosystem by providing reliable medical information to patients, medical institutions, and public institutions in the Big Data era.
Welcome to MISBLOC!
We know that many people hesitate to visit the dentist because of the high cost of treatment. Others are scared of the pain because of past experiences with unqualified dentists. When choosing a dentist, you should make sure they don’t have a history of overtreatment which can cause costs to increase. To minimize pain, you should make sure they use the most up-to-date technology and treatment. However, we know this is not easy. Choosing a new dentist can be overwhelming, so we’ve laid out the information in a list. Today, we will learn how to choose a dentist wisely. Let’s take a look.
How to Find a Good Dentist:
10 Criteria for Choosing a Good Dentist
A good dentist will try to adhere to the following statements:
- Calmly listens to the patient’s symptoms and asks the patient about any concerns they may have.
- Precisely determines the cause of concern.
- Gives explanations in an easy-to-understand manner and answers any remaining questions.
- Recommends treatment tailored to the patient’s economic situation.
- Always makes sure to confirm the patient’s consent for any treatment or procedure.
- Refers patients to other, competent dentists from specialized fields when more complicated issues arise.
- Never treats patients by force or recommends unnecessary, excessive treatments.
- Uses advanced technology so that pain during treatment is minimalized.
- Treats patients, even from other hospitals, with sincerity and kindness.
- Emphasizes brushing your teeth as the best prevention for dental diseases.
[Source: Book “10 Smart Ways to Meet a Good Dentist”.]
Visit dental clinics where the dentist treats patients directly
It is good to choose a hospital where the dentists do the teeth cleanings, treat cavities, and perform root canals themselves. No matter how experienced the nurses and technicians are, the quality of their treatment cannot be guaranteed. In fact, it is not even legal. Therefore, it is essential that you choose a dentist who directly treats their patients themselves.
Only get checkups or treatment from dentists who have received vastly positive reviews
We recommend getting checkups from dental clinics that close friends or family have suggested, that are in relatively large university hospitals, or that have a reputation for being conscientious. We also suggest checking their reviews to make sure they don’t have a history of overtreatment. You can check costs, information, and honest evaluations through local communities, dentistry-related apps, and the Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service.
The website of the Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service is as follows: http://www.hira.or.kr
Here you can determine which clinics have the highest and lowest cost for treatments not covered by insurance by dividing the country into cities and provinces throughout Korea.
We hope this advice will help you find your next dentist! Always be on the lookout for deals that seem too good to be true. Rely on reviews and recommendations from friends. Remember that your health is important and a few minutes spent researching could save you thousands of dollars on overtreatment. See you next time!