We hope the last of your summer ended well — we’ve been hard at work to bring you some big things. In our last Changelog, we unveiled new features for our Pre Game and released our Community Trello Board.
In Patch 0.8, we’re upgrading our Gamer Performance Index with the addition of champion-specific GPIs. We’ll also have to temporarily take down our Post Game and Match History for maintenance and refurbishment. Unfortunately sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet but we promise the wait will be worth it!
As is tradition, here is our Warchief of Science with more details in our Dev Update:
- Part of the reason why this update took a while to launch was because we were rebuilding our infrastructure.
- Without getting too technical, we just want to let you know that the platform will have increased speed and granularity to improve responsiveness and your overall quality of life.
- Finally, one of our most requested features of all time has arrived! The new rebuilt infrastructure was needed before we could make this happen.
- Champion GPIs are critical as there are often big differences in archetypes within a role (think of how differently Orianna Mid laners play in comparison to Zed Mid laners).
- This will also allow you to compare yourself directly to players who play the same champion as you, giving you a much more accurate way to see how your performance lines up with the best.
Going down for maintenance
- Unfortunately, there are downsides to sweeping changes. For now, we will be taking down our Post Game and Match History. They were simply were not fulfilling the functions we wanted them to at the degree of quality we wanted.
- In the meantime, you’ll be able to use the new Stats profile function to see your entire match history and a Match Details screen will be available in a few weeks to fill the void left behind by the Post Game.
- Thank you for your patience at this time, we promise the whole experience will be much better after these changes.
- Business as usual: Pre Game features and GPI scores have been tuned for more accuracy and relevance.
Coming Soon: Progress Tracking
- Over the course of the next month or so, we will deliver the new Progress Tracking feature.
- Progress Tracking will allow you to see how your performance and skills have changed since you signed up for Mobalytics.
- Similar to the champion-specific GPI, you’ll be able to filter your progress on a single champ and even compare to your progress on other champs.
- Finally, the feature will allow you to set goals and see how well you progress towards the goal and the standards that you want to achieve.
As always, we want your feedback!
- We’re constantly looking at our data and taking in all the comments and concerns from our user community.
- How do you feel about the features that we’re taking down? Tell us what you liked and disliked about the old Post Game and Match History. What functions would you miss and what would you like to see?
- What do you think of the new champion GPI’s? Share it with us and your friends!