It’s been a long time! It’s hard to write these things when you’re busy, but more importantly, maybe that’s why we should be writing them more often. We were working really hard and didn’t want to announce anything until it was all ready for you.
Today, we are proud and excited to announce that we are launching our Mobalytics 2.0 Client. A lot of what you will see is based on the feedback and comments from you, so as always, our team would like to give a big thank you for keeping us pointed in the right direction.
The changes we’ve implemented in 2.0 revolve around promoting intuitiveness, navigability, and transparency of our scores and metrics. Without further adieu, let’s dive in to our new upgrades and updates!
This is the first new feature most of you will see. Through your feedback, we realized that the GPI just wasn’t best served as a home page. The new Dashboard is our shot at giving you all the information you need to be successful at League of Legends.
From the GPI to your LP progression, all the way to your most played champs and recent games…if what you need isn’t on this page, you will be easily able to navigate to it from here.
Think of this as your throne room, where want to be every day. It will be updated for you regularly with new live content, insights based on your recent performance, as well as your most crucial recent metric changes.
We will continue to build on this foundation as we learn about how people are using it and add more integrations with other future features. Here are its components:
The GPI Overview and Breakdown
- This overview will help you understand how your Gamer Performance Index has changed recently. The yellow graph represents your current GPI while the red one represents your past GPI.
- You can switch between different game modes at the top or different roles at the bottom.
- The Breakdown provides a quick summary of your playstyle based on your latest GPI scores.
Solo Queue Goal
- It’s hard to keep track of your progress if you aren’t setting achievable goals! Now you can set your goal for solo queue at any time and see your LP progression graph keep you motivated and accountable.
- You can set a goal by changing the slider icon and you’ll be given a rating of expectation based on the rank you set, ranging from reasonable to unrealistic.
Skill to Focus
- Your Skill to Focus represents one of your skill which needs immediate attention. Our system identifies the area of gameplay which will yield the greatest gains in performance if you improve it.
- We’ve had some users get overwhelmed by the amount of information our platform provides. If you’re looking for somewhere to start, this is a great way to quickly find a direction.
- Want to understand which of your scores have increased or decreased recently? This is your new go-to spot.
- Remember that you want green scores to go up, and red scores to go down, so pay attention the arrows!
- Some of you who follow us on Medium may not realize that we’ve got a blog filled with content dedicated to helping summoners improve.
- No worries, now you’ll have these articles delivered straight to you within the platform for easy access. As time goes on, these will become more adaptive and more relevant to your needs and wants.
Top Champions and Latest Games
- These sections provide straightforward information regarding your most recent matches. You’ll be able to quickly understand the nature of your champion pool and how you’ve been doing recently.
The New GPI and Skill Breakdowns
By now you should be familiar with our Gamer Performance Index (GPI). It’s the heart of our platform and the foundation to the analysis we provide regarding your strengths and weaknesses as a player. We wouldn’t be able to truly call this update “Mobalytics 2.0” if we weren’t giving the GPI some love.
- First off, you’ll notice that we’ve cleaned things up quite a bit. We no longer have the skill names displayed as text and instead, we’re letting the icons do the talking (just hover an icon to reveal its name). If you click on an icon, you’ll be able to see a detailed breakdown of the selected Skill (more on this below).
- We made these changes in the hope of making the GPI more accessible and approachable for users (especially newer ones). The pink graph represents your former self while the yellow graph indicates your current self, making it easy to understand the areas in which you’ve improved in recently.
- On the right, you’ll see more details about yourself, such as your champion pool and overall performance with those champions, a quick look at your most recent matches, as well as an overview regarding whether each of your 8 GPI skills are trending upwards, downwards, or staying at the same level. These sections will transform based on the filter you applied.
- At the top of the Skill Breakdown, you’ll see the usual scores that you’ve known and are used to. Now, however, you’ll be able to see how a score’s sub-metrics contribute to how a score is determined.
- For example, the General Income score is comprised of the metrics ranging from gold per minute (GPM) to gold earned passively. Although these are sometimes combined in complex ways, you can get a better understanding of how every metric makes up a score. If you ever want to know more about these, please do not hesitate to ask us in Discord!
- In the Metric Allocation section, you’ll be able to see how the scores themselves go into defining your Skill’s score. As you can see, your Early Game Farming has 20% more weight in defining Doublelift’s Farming score. The Metric Allocation is subject to change based on factors such as the role you’re playing.
We’re excited to introduce our first premium feature…Progress Analysis. The feature was created to help you understand how your performance has been trending over time. The tool is designed for those of you who want to know more and really dig into the data: graphs, charts, filters…you name it!
- We designed this feature to help everyone really visualize their League of Legends journey in a beautiful way. Click on any of the skill tabs to add or subtract the colored graph lines.
- Regardless of if you are a spreadsheet warrior or a number-lite type of player, this feature will help you see what you are doing right and sort out your rough patches.
- At each point, your GPI is based on a 20 game rolling window by default. This means that if you want to compare your data here to somewhere else in the platform, you should choose 20 games. Your Current scores refer to your most recent 20 while your Past scores refers to games recorded beyond that.
- As is tradition with all of our features, expect it to evolve over time. If there’s something you want to see it have, let us know! Every piece of feedback we get helps forge our future updates and new features.
The Summoner Profile
The next big thing we’ve been working on since our last Changelog is the Summoner Profile! Some of you may have seen this already by helping us test it or perhaps you saw it in action during one of Moriarty’s profile review streams.
- Check it out if you haven’t already, it’s incredibly powerful in terms of allowing you to understand your activity whether it’s game by game, day by day, or tier by tier.
- You’ll have more filtering options than you could ever want…Want to know your win rates for your champion pool from Patch 8.3? Now you can. And yes, that means we save and show many more games than other sites you may have used before.
- If you ever wanted to go back to see any of your old Pre Games, you can easily access those through your Summoner Profile. Just find your desired match and as long as you’re logged in, you’ll be able to see it.
- There’s too much to cover here so if you want to know more, we created a guide in our blog to teach you everything you’d want to know. Read it here!
What to expect in the future
- We’ll be refining these new features based on your feedback so be sure to let your voice be heard!
- The accuracy of metrics will be something that we’ll continue to hone and refine. We’ve been working for a long time on this and we have a big update coming so keep an eye out.
- The fabled Desktop app will be out soon! We promise. We can’t give out a specific date but it’ll be here before you know it.
- Our next premium feature, Lesson Plans, will be out by Season 9 and we’ll have a steady stream of new premium features coming along regularly. Don’t worry! We promise that we’ll still be giving love to the free features.
Lastly…we have a call to arms!
In order for Mobalytics to be the absolute best improvement platform, we need to stay up to date on builds and advice between patches
Although our team does have players of high skill, (Diamond — Challenger), we cannot keep up to date on every single champion. And we bet there’s some of you who know more than we do!
For the first time, we’re opening our doors to allow community contributions for Pre Game champion advice and builds, as well as advice regarding the 8 GPI skills. Of course, there will be incentives for your contributions.
If you’re interested, you can fill out an application here.