Hello MHWOW Hosts,
We just entered the month of Nisan, which means… Pesach is almost here! This year, it will be from Monday night, April 10th to Tuesday night, April 18th.
Pesach is centered around experiential learning. Jews of all times, places and opinions have shown their creativity around it through storytelling and other creative outlets. This is a great opportunity to host a great MHWOW event!
If you haven’t applied for the Chagim Jewish Holidays grant, this is a great opportunity to do so. What’s your dream seder/pesach? We’re happy to support in any way we can. Apply for the $50 grant HERE.
If you are in need of additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the MHWOW team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This list will be updated as new resources become available!
Faustine Sigal, Moishe House International Director of Jewish Education
From the Moishe House Community
- Faustine’s 6 Ways to a Better Pesach
- Moishe House Triangle (North Carolina) Ongoing Struggle Passover Haggadah
- MH Hartford Haggadah
- Moishe House Supplemental Haggadah Materials from the 2016 Passover Spirituality Retreat
- MH Presents: “What is Mimouna?, a Moroccan Passover Festival”
REPAIR THE WORLD
Why is this night different from all other nights?
During Passover, we retell our ancestors’ journey from slavery to liberation. This year on Passover, we challenge you to reflect on the racial injustices that are happening everyday and your own relationship to racial justice. Commit to #ActNowForRacialJustice by engaging in discussions about racial injustice and volunteering in your community.
American Jewish World Service
- Global Justice Haggadah,
- “The Four Children: Teaching the Next Generation”,
- “Magid: The Passover story — From Slavery to Freedom”,
- “The 10 Plagues: Suffering and Affliction”,
- “Dayenu: Supporting the long journey to freedom”,
- “The Four Cups of Wine: Awakening, Solidarity, Action, Freedom”,
- and additional resources
Because Beyonce: http://beyonceder.tumblr.com/
Work That Reconnects Passover Seder
"Even before Christianity emerged, Jews were a troublesome people to ruling classes of the ancient world, because they…whiteawake.org