Trust in Media at ‘Crisis Low’
Trust in mainstream media at 18%
For the last four years of now Former-President Trump’s Administration in the White House, mainstream media outlets made it their core business model to attack, slander and defame President Trump. I outlined this in an article I published back in 2020 regarding the end of mainstream media.
With the inauguration of President Joseph R. Biden, the media have lost their punching bag and boogie main — Trump. However, there is one thing, arguably more important, that mainstream media has lost — Credibility.
Over the past four years, mainstream media have continued to become more extreme and overt with their lies and propaganda to not only defame President Trump, but the populist movement, independent journalism and dissenting opinions from which the deep state and establishment want you to believe.
Mainstream media outlets sped down the highway during a flood, lost control and continued to claim they are in control. They got caught up in the narrative, slowly radicalising themselves so much so, they were filled with rage at the most innocuous of things.
Well the propaganda and the daily, disingenuous ‘news’ reports with the intent to stir division and hate have finally come back to bite mainstream media.
According to exclusive data released by AXIOS:
- 56% of Americans agree with the statement that “Journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead people by saying things they know are false or gross exaggerations.”
- 58% think that “most news organizations are more concerned with supporting an ideology or political position than with informing the public.”
- When Edelman re-polled Americans after the election, the figures had deteriorated even further, with 57% of Democrats trusting the media and only 18% of Republicans.
This data, in all honesty, is not surprising by any means. It is wrong for me to act like this clear inevitability is a shock to me. Axios’ Felix Salmon, made a good point about media and journalism in the original article.
“Faith in society’s central institutions, especially in government and the media, is the glue that holds society together.”
This is the slightly more unnerving part of this data release. With mainstream media losing its iron fisted grip on the public, and losing credibility, it begs the question — where and how will people consume news and media?
Of course, many will go to radical forums and become just as radical as CNN-watching-zealots however, many of them will and should go to independent and respectable outlets and political commentators. I have decided to list outlets and voices who recognise the media’s lies and disingenuous practises.
Where to go, for honest politics?
Below I have listed outlets and political commentators that are recommended to escape the cancerous grasp of mainstream media who not only believe in freedom of speech, but truth and integrity.
I would also strongly recommend finding the following outlets and personalities on alt tech sites like Bitchute and Gab. I am working on a full list the best personalities and outlets alongside all of their links and political persuasions.
- Tim Pool (Classical Liberal)
- Jimmy Dore (Populist Left)
- Paul Joseph Watson (Populist Right)
- Carl Benjamin/Akkad Daily/Sargon of Akkad (Classical Liberal)
- Anthony Brian Logan (Conservative)
- Adam Crigler (Populist Centre-Right)
- Trigonometry Show — Konstantin Kisin (Classical Liberal) and Francis Foster (Centre-Left)
- Yeonmi Park (Non Partisan)
- The Quartering/MidWestly (Centre)
- Dave Rubin (Centre-Left)
- Viva Frei (Undefined)
- Steven Crowder (Centre-Right)
this does not mean these outlets are perfect*
- Sky News Australia
- Talk Radio
- The Daily Wire
- Epoch Times
- New York Post
- Daily Caller