Product Packaging: Customize Every Step of the Unboxing Experience
Hiding game clues in a game collectible’s box sound fun, right? Adding an element of unpredictability to your game digitally and physically can enhance the user experience significantly.
Monetizr Customizations — Key Takeaways:
- Everything can be customized — box shape, size, color, what happens outside, inside and on the sides of the box
- Put hashtags or social media handles inside the box and let the players spread the word
- From digital to physical and vice versa — sell game collectibles inside the games and then use them to bring players back to the game (like Easter Egg clues inside the box and special logos)
- Know your brand and customer, let the box mirror that knowledge with all the clever clues and branding within the box
We have talked about how inside labels can be used in hiding clues and Easter eggs. Now let’s see what boxes can do. Boxes are the first thing that your players see when receiving their hard-earned game collectibles.
You can do almost anything with the box. Customization makes it personal. It can be a classy brown square box, or in shape and color you desire. Hide messages or include inspirational quotes, logos, and riddles to unlock secret game levels. Be creative!
Gamifying these experiences are amazing for players. Let’s break down (pun intended) a few boxes — Blackbox Stealth t-shirt box, blue Monetizr Superhero box, and the Dollar Shave Club box. Of course, we cannot reveal all secrets these boxes are hiding (you’ll have to play to find out!), but we can give you a small sneak peek.
Monetizr superhero box:
Superhero message when opening the box;
- Inside the box is a company t-shirt with a logo and customized inside label.
Blackbox Stealth t-shirt box:
- Can only buy when reach level 30 in the Blackbox game;
- Classic brown box with a game logo;
- #UnboxBlackbox hashtag on the box lid to share the experience;
- Inside the box is a letter from Blackbox creator and black on black Blackbox stealth t-shirt;
- Under the game collectibles is a hint that the box itself is a riddle to solve one of the game challenges.
Dollar Shave Club box:
- Business on the outside, fun on the inside;
- The value proposition on the lid;
- Logo and brand name inside;
- Using fun quotes and advice inside the box;
- Simple, fun and functional packaging.
Unlockable game collectibles help your game stand out in the crowded gaming space and create great user experiences. ARPU increased by 25% in your game can be a reality! The best part? Monetizr is a white-label solution that will go seamlessly with your game storyline, and we will help you with everything from designs to game collectibles shipping and customer service.