Here are the submission guidelines for More Beautiful Good.
The Mission of More Beautiful Good
The idea is this: Creating anything is hard (a business, a book, a following). To complicate the problem, we have ourselves. And relationships. And resistance. And then, after all that, we have to actually figure out the thing and create the thing.
But, we have to create the thing.
“Successful people make things,” says Dan Norris.
“The world will be a better place if you create what you want to create.” — Dan Norris
And so, More Beautiful Good.
The hope for More Beautiful Good is to help readers:
- Get out of their own way (Personal Growth) and
- Learn, relate, and create (Do the Work).
These are the main categories (along with Inspiration and Tools for Change).
(Note: The post “New Here? (More About “More Beautiful Good”)” goes into more detail about how the categories break down.)
A post should be:
- Relevant (falls within the categories/scope),
- Evergreen (applies as much tomorrow as today),
- Well-written and easily readable (structure, grammar, etc.),
- Preferably 750–1000 words for a shorter form post; 1200–3000 words for longer form (but from 500 to 5000 will be considered, if the content is good), and
- Essays, reflection pieces, in-depth articles, high-quality lists, interesting interviews, and relevant how-tos are preferred.
Here are a few other details and considerations:
- Please submit your post as an unpublished draft.
- Note that you can submit an image with your post, but it must include attribution and follow Medium’s size suggestions, and we reserve the right to change any images.
- Once published, we ask that your article remain with More Beautiful Good and not be published elsewhere on Medium.
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions.
- We will include a 1–2 line author byline, which can include up to two links. UPDATE 07/12/18: In keeping with Medium’s Parnter Program, if your post is set to earn money, we will remove your author byline prior to publishing. (In their words, “KEEP IT AD-FREE. Medium doesn’t accept advertising. Please don’t market yourself or other products, feature advertisements, or include requests for claps, donations, or email signups.”)
Here are a few posts that are in line with the tone of More Beautiful Good:
- “Warren Buffett’s ‘20 Slot’ Rule: How to Simplify Your Life and Maximize Your Results”
- “Be More Productive: The 15-Minute Routine Anthony Trollope Used to Write 40+ Books”
- “This Is the One Piece of Content That Changed My Entire Outlook on Life”
- “The Art of Living Below Your Means So You Can One Day Live Above the Standard”
How to Submit
If you’re interested in becoming a contributor, you can email a link to your draft to morebeautifulgood [at] gmail [dot] com with the subject line: MBG Story Submission: [INSERT POST TITLE].
We try to accept any submissions within 48–72 hours. If you haven’t heard from us by that time, feel free to submit your post to other publications.
Last Update: 07/12/18 Note: These are likely to change as things go (and grow).