Five questions for Angela Eagle
The right wing press will be too busy supporting Corbyn’s challenger Angela Eagle to ask tough questions. But Labour members — and the electorate — need answers…
1. Jeremy Corbyn apologised on behalf of the Labour Party for the war in Iraq. Unlike him, you voted for it. Will you apologise? [ ] Yes [ ] No
2. Gloria De Piero MP used right wing newspaper The Sun, which is reviled on Merseyside, to urge non-members to join Labour to overthrow Corbyn. Do you support Gloria’s call in The Sun?
[ ] Yes [ ] No
3. Jeremy Corbyn joined the junior doctors picket line and supported their strike. Will you support the junior doctor’s strike? [ ] Yes [ ] No
4. Labour Party rules say the existing leader should be on the ballot paper in a leadership contest. Do you agree? [ ] Yes [ ] No
5. If Jeremy Corbyn wins the leadership for a second time will you take the Labour whip in Parliament? [ ] Yes [ ] No
If anybody gets round to asking these questions on today’s round of interviews, I will update with Eagle’s answers.