Over the next month its holiday after holiday. After Halloween they all hit us at one time. Being able to have a system in place for what you want to wear is key. New Years Eve and Christmas Eve are the top holidays to dress for. Whereas, Christmas and New Years day tend to be more of a stay at home holiday where you spending time with close friends and family.
Getting near the end of the year can be a drag for some or can be a lot of fun for others, it all depends on what gets you excited in the holiday season. Seeing family you haven’t in an entire year can be stressful and overwhelming for most of us moms. You want to dress your best to impress them but also not break the bank and be comfortable!
I have a list of questions that I’m sure most of you have too:
What are we all going to wear? Are the kids going to match? Are we all going to at least color match? Do I really want to doll myself up after all the cooking, cleaning and prepping?
In between all the craziness the holidays may put us into a frump. If you’re on a budget and have a large family affording new outfits, matching outfits or just something stylish may be costly, on top of that you just wanting something new to wear.
As a mom you should always splurge on yourself once in a while. Sometimes I forget that too. When out shopping I feel guilty not purchasing anything for my son. That’s when I decide not to bring him on my retail therapy shopping sprees.
Holiday shopping is the most frugal time of the year. That’s why I created a helpful list to style yourself through the holidays. Below you will find the top five items to purchase to keep yourself stylish during all the winter holidays. These pieces are all simplistic which means can be used throughout the year.
- Skirts: A black stretchy pencil skirt works as a universal item that can be worn all year long. Black also goes well with Christmas and New Years.
- Bodycon dress: You can wear them three ways. One way as is. Another is with a great scarf. Blanket scarves are trending and also adds an extra layer. They also look great with anything. The third way is you can wear a bodycon dress as a top and pair with a great pair of slacks, corduroy pants or a pair of skinny jeans.
- A solid color A line dress. That way you can style it any way you want and wear more than one time.
- Long Boyfriend Cardigan: This sweater can be worn so many ways with any outfit. A skirt and tights with a neutral colored cardigan, a pair of slacks and neutral colored blouse or even a simple mini dress.
- Leggings: Having a great pair of leggings can help you go a long way. I practically live in leggings unless it’s a day to get dressed up. You dress leggings up or even down.
These five essentials can help give you options during the holiday season. Happy Holidays!
Follow our blog, Motherhood: Breaking the Looking Glass, for more stories on Motherhood from women like you.
Want to contribute a post? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why!