Announcing New Courses on Mouse Create
We are thrilled to kick off the new school year with exciting new courses on Mouse Create:
Sewable Tech covers basic electronic engineering concepts, including embedding circuitry directly into fabric, creating soft circuits, fabric switches, and wearable sensors.
Tri-State Ford Supports Sewable Tech with $132K Grant
This grant will include having Sewable Tech at our monthly Maker Events, professional development, and materials needed to bring this exciting new learning content to more than 400 Mouse students across the Tri-State area.
NYC Council Awards $477K Funding to Mouse
Mouse is thrilled to receive a record $477,500 from the New York City Council to support our youth and educators across the five boroughs.
We are grateful to receive this funding from Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, NYC Council Members, as well as through the Digital Inclusion and Literacy Initiative and Greener NYC Initiative. Read more >
Capital One Provides $25K Grant to Mouse Design League
We are excited to receive this grant to support our Mouse Design League, a year-long design and technology program through which high school students build technology projects that address a social need.
Mouse to be Featured on #AmGrad Day 2017
Mouse is honored to be a part of American Graduate Day, a live public television broadcast and outreach event focused on telling stories, creating resources, and building community connections to successfully guide students to graduation and career success.
Read more about American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen.
ICYMI: Mouse In the News
- For better paying jobs and career potential, digital skills are key, Mashable
- Cutting-Edge Schools Show How Education Is Everyone’s Business, Forbes
- Youth Design Inventions for a Better World — and Get Some Worldly Advice, EdSurge
- Nonprofit Mouse Launching STEM Courses, Teaching New Tech Skills, THE Journal
Shout outs to our Mouse team!
- Alex Fleming, Learning Design Manager, co-authored the recently published Game Jam Guide
- Marc Lesser, Senior Director of Learning Design, has been invited to be a member of the Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE) taskforce.
- Maggie Muldoon, Design League Manager, spoke about design thinking on the Ask A Maker Educator Chat.
- Meredith Summs, Associate Director of Learning Design, was named a member of the inaugural Mozilla Network50 Award.