Movement Research is HIRING!
NOW HIRING: Development Manager
Movement Research is hiring an experienced Development Manager to head its Development Department. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Development position is part-time hourly at 20–30 hours/week. Title and compensation are commensurate with experience. As part of the compensation package, employee also receives the benefit of free access to Movement Research classes and selected workshops. Employee contribution 403(b) plan is available. Schedule is anticipated to be 4–5 days per week in the administrative offices located in the East Village and includes participation at some evening and weekend events.
- To set an example as a leader at the organization, responsible for creating positive collaborative relationships within and outside of the organization, managing the Development Associate and Fundraising Intern, and inspiring the staff as a whole
- To create a detailed annual fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and oversee its implementation and reporting throughout the year
- To manage timelines for fundraising activities to ensure strategic plan initiatives and critical fundraising processes are executed in a timely manner
- To serve as a liaison to the Board of Trustees and be responsible for keeping them informed and engaged on a number of fronts, including the cultivation of new donors and Board members
- To work closely with the Development Associate and Fundraising Intern to maintain and grow the donor base through communication, relationship building, cultivation, and solicitation
- To oversee institutional fundraising; manage relationships with corporate, foundation, and government funders; and compose compelling proposals for support
- To conceive, plan, and execute critical fundraising events — the annual gala and the Friends of Movement Research Events — to provide attractive opportunities for connecting donors with our artists and institution
- To work with Marketing team to create materials that promote events and donor programs
- To keep a close eye on departmental expenses and contributed revenue lines to ensure that annual fundraising goals are met or exceeded
- Commitment to participating in an equitable and inclusive environment
- Passion for and understanding of contemporary dance
- 5–10 years experience working in not-for-profit development, including institutional and individual
- Knowledge of national and local performing arts funders
- Strong interpersonal skills and a history of building collaborative relationships with staff, Board, and donors
- Strong planning, organizational, and management skills
- Familiarity with Mac platforms required; familiarity with FileMaker Pro and Excel recommended.
To apply, To apply, please email the following materials as a single pdf to email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the subject line:
- cover letter
Email inquiries and phone calls welcome.
Movement Research (MR) continuously seeks to engage a more diverse and inclusive participant body and strives to recognize individuality and create equal opportunities for all, regardless of race, class, gender, ability, ethnicity, sexuality or age. MR is committed to maintaining a strong connection to an existing diverse community of experimental artists and audiences, while at the same time expanding its definition of experimentation to more broadly include working within and pushing the boundaries of all movement-based forms. Movement Research recognizes the incredible need to diversify the range of aesthetics, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds represented on NYC stages and strongly encourages applications from individuals aligned with this vision.