Moyo Sports — 2017 personal highlights.
Performance sport at elite level requires being competitive and delivering on the international athletics stage. These Moyo Sports’ highlights from 2017 reflect this rationale. They also reinforce our continued focus of being a management agency at the heart of global athletics representing a select group of world-class track and road athletes.
- Timothy Cheruiyot’s (KEN) 1500m silver medal at the World Championships and winning the Diamond League trophy. Ranked 2nd fastest in the world.
2. Callum Hawkins’ (GB) 4th place at London 2017— equalling the best performance by a British athlete at a World Championships marathon.
3. Jemal Yimer’s (ETH) 5th in the World Championships 10,000m (26.56 PB). Ranked 5th fastest in the world.
4. Dewi Griffiths’ (GB) 2.09.49 Frankfurt marathon debut (5th overall).
5. Callum Hawkins 2nd after Olympic Silver medalist Lelisa Feyisa at New York Half (60.08) making him the fastest European athlete on US soil in history.
6. Shadrack Kimining’s (KEN) 60.07 PB at the RAK Half Marathon.
7. Katrina Wootton’s (GB) 31.43 over 10,000m ranking her fastest in the UK. One of six female UK athletes to gain IAAF Gold label status for 2018.
8. Callum Hawkins winning Marugame Half marathon, Japan, in a PB and Scottish record of 60.00.
9. Ben Connor’s (GB) record of British Championship medals at every distance run in 2017 plus individual 6th at the Euro Cross Country.
10. Callum Hawkins becoming the first Briton to beat Mo Farah — over any distance and on any surface — in 7 years, when coming 2nd at the Edinburgh Cross Country.
11. Benard Rotich (KEN) winning Dublin and Belfast marathons, seven years on from his 2010 debut marathon win in Talin when he first signed with Moyo Sports.
MOYO SPORTS | INTEGRITY | PASSION | TRANSPARENCY |