Mozilla Builders Fix The Internet Showcase — 24 awesome pitches & much much more!
On Thursday, October 29, Mozilla Builders hosted our very first Fix The Internet Showcase. 24 teams showed off what they built this summer to create a better internet. Mozilla CEO Mitchell Baker offered her perspective on what needs fixing now. A panel of entrepreneurs who were in the Summer incubator offered their Hot Takes. We announced 18 Open Lab prize winners. And much more!
If you weren’t able to attend the event, no worries. Here’s a list of the companies and projects that presented:
- Kanary — protect users’ online identity from identity theft. Watch the pitch
- RethinkDNS — protect mobile users from data brokers and advertisers. Watch the pitch
- Block Party — protect users from online harassment. Watch the pitch
- Mobius — devtools to prevent online harrassment, id theft, and more. Watch the pitch
- Unstoppable Domains — next gen,decentralized dns. Watch the pitch
- Cabal.chat — decentralized chat + social network, that works! Watch the pitch
- Orca — internet money that works. Watch the pitch
- Dark Forest — make the blockchain fun. Watch the pitch
- Trofi — decentralize produce supply chain. Watch the pitch
- Quadrant Technologies — democratize access to AI diagnostics for all hospitals. Watch the pitch
- Massive — fix web monetization. Watch the pitch
- Arc — fix web monetization. Watch the pitch
- Talium — make web publishing really, really fast. Watch the pitch
- Motion — fix browser usability. Watch the pitch
- Pory — web apps from air table (nocode). Watch the pitch
- Realms — make forums and social networks safe again. Watch the pitch
- Super Duper — connect content to discussions on socials. Watch the pitch
- Oval — fix personal social networks. Watch the pitch
- Neutral — make ecommerce green. Watch the pitch
- Kosmi — share + socialize video. Watch the pitch
- VoiceBlasts — exchange audio messages with your podcast audience, just like callers on a talk radio show. Watch the pitch
- Mogul Millennial — fix Black access to entrepreneurial resources. Watch the pitch
- Hacker Noon — evolve the emoji model for content. Watch the pitch
- Disco — education platform for audio courses. Watch the pitch
- Taonga — fix personal document storage + access. Watch the pitch
And here’s the full replay of the event:
All of these teams are Open For Business: they are raising money, looking for distribution and other partnerships, and in many cases building teams and looking for volunteers. If you’d like to get in touch with one of the teams, here’s a handy Google Form, OR you can just email builders at mozilla.com and we’ll make the introduction for you!
We also honored 18 teams from our Open Lab. Here’s the list of those winners.