MozFest is a tech conference like no other, and it’s the sessions — community-led, community-curated, highly participatory and collaborative — that really set the Festival apart.
At MozFest, there are very few “sage on the stage” moments, where an expert speaks to a passive audience. Instead, in our 300+ sessions, participants might playtest a live action game, hack on software or build hardware, co-create a new web literacy lesson, or engage in lively dialogue about the ethics of emerging technologies.
But this can only happen if community members like you bring your brilliant ideas and projects to the festival! Anyone can lead a session at MozFest. You don’t need a particular level of expertise. We provide plenty of support for new session facilitators. To start, check out this resource for writing a great proposal.
Here are 5 reasons for you to answer the MozFest 2019 Call for Proposals.
- Gain new insights on your work. Bring your idea or project to a diverse, skilled set of participants who can provide valuable feedback on your work
- Supercharge your project or idea with new contributors. MozFest is designed to connect you to new partners who can become long-term collaborators.
- Discover new ways of communicating. MozFest sessions are hands-on and participatory, offering richer interactions than your typical lecture.
- Learn new facilitation techniques. We provide training and coaching opportunities to help you facilitate a truly participatory session.
- Join a powerful, global movement! Connect with others from around the world who share your passion for a better, more open, accessible and healthy internet.
Don’t have the resources to travel to London to present your session at MozFest? You may be eligible for a need-based Travel Stipend to get you to the Festival. More details on Travel Stipends here.