Mr Frontend weekly link sharing #51
This list based on the things we share with and from the community this week! We hope you like it!
If you have things you missed in the list, please add them in the comments 😉
- Base64 Encoding & Performance, Part 2: Gathering Data — CSS Wizardry
Statistics, tests, and numbers looking at the performance costs of Base64…
- Base64 Encoding & Performance, Part 1: What’s Up with Base64? — CSS Wizardry
A look at the many huge disadvantages of Base64 encoding assets into your CSS…
- Node.js Weekly Update — 17 Feb, 2017 | @RisingStack
Read the most important Node.js weekly news: Node.js testing & TDD, Heroku checklist, Hacking Node Serialize, Native shared objects, and more…..
- How to Build and Structure a Node.js MVC Application
In this tutorial, James Kolce shows how to create a note-taking app using Hapi.js, Pug, Sequelize and SQLite. Learn to build Node.js MVC apps by examp…
- What’s New In ExpressJS 5.0
Express 5.0 is currently in the alpha release stage and it will not be quite different from Express 4. While the underlying API……
- System Notifications with Node.js
Notifications can be a godsend or the bane of our existence these days. Every app you install on your phone wants access to notifications, as do desk…
- Use ES6 style Promises with Node.js — node Video Tutorial #free
Using promises can be confusing. In this lesson, I show you how to create promises to chain functions together in a specified order. You’ll also learn…
- Code Review: Easier Better Faster Stronger | Cheesecake Labs
Code Review is all about evaluating other people’s code, resulting in software with better quality and wider involvement of the development team….
- DevOps: Deploy Better Software Faster |
Devops has become increasingly more important saving companies time and money. Read how Devops can help your next product launch….
- A Month of “Hello, World!”
Learning 30 new languages in 30 days….
- Definition of Done -
Is it done, is it done done, or is it done done done? I bet you’ve asked that question before, if you are in the business of application development. …
- Web Development Reading List #169: TLS At Scale, Brotli Benefits, And Easy Onion Deployments — Smashing Magazine
What’s new in the web dev world? TLS at scale, the benefits of Brotli compression, easy Onion deployments, and much more….
- Web Maker, an Offline, Browser-based CodePen Alternative
Kushagra Gour introduces Web Maker, a browser extension for front-end developers needing a blazing-fast, offline web playground….
- Mr Frontend weekly link sharing #50
- Transparent JPG (With SVG) | CSS-Tricks
Let’s say you have a photographic image that really should be a JPG or WebP, for the best file size and quality. But what if I need transparency too? …
- Introducing GraphicsJS, a Powerful Lightweight Graphics Library
awesome-angular-components — Catalog of Angular 2+ Components & Libraries…
- Learn Version Control with Git |
by Jake Lawrence on February 13, 2017…
- How to Send Push Notifications from Your WordPress Site
If you’re a regular reader of marketing blogs, you’ve probably come across push notifications at some point, whether you were aware of it or not. You …
Originally published at Mr Frontend Blog.