How to eat 8 servings of fruits and veggies in a day
Yesterday, I ate 8 servings of fruits and veggies, which was a record-high!
My mom was in town visiting and she likes to eat a lot of fruits and veggies, which made it easier to get a couple of extra servings in. Here’s what I ate:
- Green smoothie with banana, berries, kale, and Legion Genesis greens powder: 3 servings
- Half turkey sub with lots of veggies: 1 serving
- Apple: 1 serving
- Sirloin steak with sautéed onions and potatoes
- Salad: 1 serving
- Asparagus: 1 serving
- Frozen fruit with Elli Quark vanilla bean and chopped walnuts: 1 serving
The good thing about eating so many servings of fruits and veggies (other than doubling my daily goal) was that I ate fewer than 1,800 calories but was never hungry at all throughout the day.
Whole fruits and veggies have a ton of volume and fiber for very few calories, which makes it easy to eat less while feeling satisfied.
Follow me on Instagram for daily stats, tips and motivation:
Thanks for reading! To show my appreciation, here are a couple of health tracking goodies for ya:
- The Google spreadsheet I use to track my own health stats. Just save a copy or download as an Excel file (no subscription required, please enjoy!)
- My weekly newsletter where I share my personal stats and most practical, actionable tips to help you on your own health journey. Sign up below:
Mr. Health Tracker - Weekly stats, tips, and motivation to help you number crunch your way to better health....www.getrevue.co