MSPVotes has launched for the new year and with a slight design update, and the old 2017 MSPVotes is still running for your reference, and to get a sense of the features that will be available as elections progress (like, campaign finance, or a fully-functional winning candidate profile).
If you’re interested in funding the work, contribute to the Patreon. I’m a freelance web developer, and I spend a lot of time in my free time on local issues. I can’t do this for free, but I basically am.
Here’s what I’m covering from the start:
- St. Paul Ward 4 Special Election
- Hennepin County Commission Districts 2, 3, 4 (others are not up for re-election yet)
- Hennepin County Sheriff
- Hennepin County Attorney
- Hennepin County 3 Rivers Park District
- Minneapolis School Board
- Ramsey County Commission districts
- Ramsey County 2nd District Court Judges
- Metro Area House districts: 52B, 53A, 53B, 57A, 57B, 58A, 58B, 60A, 60B, 61A, 61B, 62A, 62B, 63A, 63B, 64A
- Bonus events about local district council and neighborhood board elections
- All parties are welcome, but right now the majority of declared candidates are DFL, and a couple Green and Independent/Unclear.
OMG! Where is ____???
To get things going I can’t include all things that will be on all ballots within Minnesota (but I’ll get there by November!). So, first, some notes on how I’m prioritizing what districts/races I am including. In order for MSPVotes to be the most useful for upcoming caucuses, primaries, etc., I have to prioritize. Here’s how it works:
- Contested metro area elections
- Non-contested metro area elections
- Everything else
Some people might note, for example, that some Hennepin County districts do not appear for now, this is because not all are up for election in 2018 (some in 2020). I plan to still show the districts that voters belong to when they search, but there are some more important goals to handle first with content and getting things running.
If I’m really missing someone who fits these criteria, get in touch (there’s a contact form on MSPVotes).