How to Get a 4,400% ROI in Your Marketing
Marketing is not and should not be a single one-trick pony. It’s about using all the tools in the toolbox. One of the most important of these tools is email marketing.
Lampooned by many so-called marketers as “old school” or ineffective in the age of over saturation with emails. If used properly, email has a tremendous return-on-investment of over 4,000%, second only to search engine optimization (SEO) at 2,200% Compare that to banner ads at 50%. See chart below.
Still taken together, email marketing is here to stay. Retailers, B2B, B2C and marketers must take heed and perfect the manner in which they communicate to their customers, clients or patients in order to reap the benefits of an effective email strategy as part of marketing overall.
Here are 21 eye-popping statistics thought should convince you that you need a strategic email marketing campaign in your business to succeed:
- I repeat, for every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return is $44.25! (Source: Emailexpert). So if you’re counting that’s a 4,425% ROI.
2. Adding video to an email can increase click rates by 300%. (Source: Emma).3. 33% of email opens occurred on an iPhone, while GMail, second to the iPhone for opens, only accounted for 15% of those opens. (Source: Litmus).
3. Millennials are the age group most likely to check their email
from bed (70%), from the bathroom (57%), or while driving (27%). (Source: Adobe).
4. 75% of Gmail’s 900 million users access their accounts on mobile devices. (Source: TechCrunch).
5. Email is the top source of analytics data for marketers, with 41% using their email marketing performance data. (Source: Forbes).
6. In 2011, mobile accounted for only 8% of email opens, compared to 2015 with 55.8% opens on mobile. (Source: Litmus).
7. Email marketing was the biggest driver of Black Friday transactions, with 25.1% of sales originating from the marketing channel. (Source: Custora).
8. Marketers who use personalization in their subject lines see 26% more opens. (Source: Campaign Monitor).
9. 89% of marketers say that email is their primary channel for lead generation. (Source: Mailigen).
10. 65% of users prefer emails to contain mostly images, compared to 35% who prefer text. (Source: HubSpot).
12. 58% of adults check their email first thing in the morning. (Source:Customer Intelligence).
13. 20% of marketers can directly link their email operations to their company’s primary revenue source. (Source:Pardot).
14. 61% of consumers like to receive weekly promotional emails and 28% want them even more frequently. (Source: Emails Not Dead).
15. Emails with social sharing buttons see a 158% increase in click through rates. (Source: Nonprofit Hub).
16. Of those that opt in to email messages from a brand, 95% find these messages somewhat or very useful. (Source: Salesforce).
17. Only 50% of marketers are currently using email marketing software, but 22% more plan on implementing it in 2015. (Source: Capterra).
18. The top 3 uses of email marketing are newsletters (66%), promotional content (54%), and welcome series emails (42%). (Source: Pardot).
19. 50% of marketers expect their company’s spend on email to increase in 2016. (Source: DMA).
20. 247 billion emails are sent every day. This equates to one email every 0.00000035 seconds. (Source: Email Marketing Reports).
21. 60% of marketers say that email marketing is producing an ROI for their organization. (Source: MarketingSherpa).
About the Author:
Louis F. Vargas is a Certified Management & Business Consultant, a #1 Amazon bestselling author of Authority Marketing and Thought Leader with Brand TM | Strategic Edge Profits, an award-winning Inc.500 consulting, technology, marketing and education firm.
He coaches and leads “Titans of Growth” at the exclusive members-only Business Acceleration and Mastery Mastermind, a high-end business growth, brand strategy mastermind for VC funded start-ups, SMB’s and Fortune 500’s.
Contact information: BrandTMagency@gmail.com| 213.600.9793