In-store music can be a big point of differentiation for a brand, as well as a key element in the customers’ retail experience.
The right sound will support a retail brand and create a connection with target markets while playing the wrong music can have devastating effects.
A study carried out on over 1,000 UK shoppers revealed that one out of two shoppers had left a store due to annoying background music.
But there are three important facts are:
1. Music Changes the Consumer Experience
- 80% of purchasing decisions are made impulsively at the point of sale.
- 50% leave the store because they are bothered by the song selection.
- 39% of them don’t come back. Ever.
2. A Proper Musical Selection Increases the Time Spent in the Store
- 40% of clients spend more time in the store if they feel the music is well chosen.
- 31% come back if the music is appropriate.
- 21% recommend you if they felt good with the music.
3. Music Creates Identity
- 97% of general managers of the best retailers in the world say that music strengthens the brand personality.
- The right sound will support a retail brand and create a connection with target markets while playing the wrong music can have devastating effects.
- Better music = more time spent = more sales.
If you’re a business looking to enhance your customers’ shopping experience, visit https://musicwhim.com today.