My Meeting Video Android 2.2 — Meeting Room Mode
In this release we’re introducing Meeting Room Mode. Meeting Room Mode lets you place an android device permanently in a physical meeting room where it will display ongoing and upcoming Videxio, Skype for Business, Bluejeans, Webex, Spark, Pexip and Zoom meetings and lets you join them just by pushing one button. Meeting Room Mode is supported for Android Phones and Tablets with Android 5.0 and up.
To start using Meeting Room Mode, simply follow the steps below:
- (Optional) If you’d like to set up your Android phone or tablet as a single-purpose device in order to lock it down, you can follow these instructions for Lock Task mode. This means the device will ONLY display My Meeting Video so that users cannot access other device features or apps. To do so, log into the device as the device owner, and ensure that the device owner is an admin of your company’s G-Suite.
- Open your device’s android calendar app
- Add a new calendar account for the meeting room you’d like to add
- Select the physical meeting room’s calendar address that you’d like to display meetings from
- Install the latest version on the app (2.2+) on a device with at least Android 5.0
- Open the app and log in as a company administrator
- After you’ve logged in, grant access for My Meeting Video to fetch meetings from your calendar (a popup will appear after installation).
- Enter settings from the three dot menu in the top right inside the search bar
- Select Calendar and ensure the physical meeting room is selected.
- Enable Meeting Room Mode. If Lock Task (COSU) has been correctly set up, enabling meeting room mode will lock the device to only display My Meeting Video. If not set up, the app will ask if you’d like to enable screen pinning. Screen pinning locks the device to only display My Meeting Video, but is easily unlockable by anyone who interacts with the device
- Find the video address of the video system in the physical meeting room and type it into My Meeting Video. The video address can usually be found in the interface of your video system, or in the “Endpoint” section of the “Manage Company” page under the “URI” column.
- All done! Attach your device to either outside your meeting room’s door or inside near the video system within reach of the meeting participants
⚠️ Beware that in order to join Skype for Business meetings, your video system will need to be on a Videxio premium video system subscription and you’ll need to toggle to display Skype for Business meetings in the settings.
Hope you like Meeting Room Mode. If you have any feedback on this guide or the release, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org