The Power of the 7 Chakras
Learn about working with the chakras to help you bring balance into your daily life.
You are energy. It would make sense that if you are energy, you may indeed have little spinning energy centers called chakras within the body affecting you, right??
Well, let’s explore a little deeper to find out.
I have included some informative bonus material on crystals and the chakras at the end as well!
“Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses. There is no matter.” — Albert Einstein
“Everything in life is vibration.” — Albert Einstein
What are the chakras?
The word chakra itself derives from the Sanskrit language, meaning “wheels of light” or “vortices”.
In the yogic tradition, they are said to be energy centers spinning or vibrating within the energetic body and connected by the nadis or “energy highways” moving and regulating prana, qi, or life force energy throughout the body.
The central primary system of chakras consists of 7 chakras and is the most widely known. In some belief systems, there are up to 21 or more chakras. I will only be discussing the seven chakras here.
Using some of the information unique to each chakra that I provided below, such as color association, or sound vibration, you can assist the energy of the chakras in enhancing and balancing the energy of the body.
For instance, if the root chakra is out of balance, you may experience a feeling of insecurity, or stay in a fight or flight mode (sympathetic nervous system) vs. a grounded, relaxed, and secure state (parasympathetic nervous system).
So, to help balance yourself with more conducive energy of the first chakra, you may wear a red shirt, listen to music playing at 432 Hz, or maybe just get outside and connect with nature and Earth’s elements. These first chakra associations can help bring you into balance and create a more connected mind, body, and spirit.
Using the detailed list below, you can determine where you may be out of balance and what you can due to bring yourself back into balance.
The location, Sanskrit name, color association, element association, function, and vibrational frequency, of the 7 Chakras.
- Root chakra — located at the groin or base of the spine.
- Sanskrit name for the root chakra is Muladhara.
- Color association is red.
- Element is Earth.
- Function of the root chakra is grounding, primal energy, and survival.
- Vibrational frequency is 432 Hz. — I used the vibrational frequency that resonates with the corresponding chakras. Click on underlined links for further information, read more on the study of measuring vibrations of the chakras, and read on vibrational frequency associations.
- Sacral Chakra — located at the lower abdomen or womb area.
- Sanskrit name for the sacral Chakra is Svadhisthana.
- Color association is orange.
- Element is water.
- Function of the sacral Chakra is relationships, emotions, sexuality, and intimacy.
- Vibrational frequency is 480 Hz.
- Solar plexus or navel chakra is located directly behind the navel (or belly button).
- Sanskrit name for the solar plexus chakra is Manipura.
- Color association is yellow.
- Element is fire
- Function of the solar plexus chakra is vitality, will power, and personal authority.
- Vibrational frequency is 528 Hz.
- Heart chakra — located, you guessed it, at heart center.
- Sanskrit name for the heart chakra is Anahata (one of my favorite yoga poses is Anahatasana or melting heart pose).
- Color association is green.
- Element is air.
- Vibrational frequency is 552 — 624 Hz. (To me, this is one of the essential chakras and is a gateway to living a more fulfilled life. This chakra unites the lower three chakras with the upper three chakras)
- Throat chakra — located at, yes, the throat.
- Sanskrit name for the throat chakra is Vishudha.
- Color association is blue.
- Element is sound.
- Function of the throat chakra is communication, speech, expression, healing, and creativity.
- Vibrational measurement is 672 Hz.
- Third eye chakra — located behind the center point between the two eyebrows (think pineal gland).
- Sanskrit name for the third eye chakra is Ajna.
- Color association is indigo.
- Element is light.
- Function of the third eye chakra is the sixth sense, intuition, and clairvoyance.
- Vibrational frequency is 720 Hz
- Crown chakra — located at the top of the head.
- Sanskrit name for the crown chakra is Sahasrara.
- Color association is violet, gold, or white.
- Element is thought
- Function is enlightenment, transcendence, understanding, and bliss.
- Vibrational measurement is 768 Hz.
Here is the bonus material on crystals and the chakras I mentioned earlier!!!
Crystals and the chakras!
Crystals have their unique vibration, color, and element associations, and in using crystals, you can enhance, change, or influence the energy of the chakras.
You can use the informational section below to determine which crystals resonate with each chakra, colors, and metaphysical properties for selecting your crystals to assist with aligning your energies.
Crystals can be worn in jewelry and placed in your pocket, or just sitting in a room on a desk, table, or shelf.
I have listed a few suggestions, but you can be creative with your crystals! Choose what resonates with you!
1st Chakra — crystals with red, brown, or black color rays help restore balance to the root chakra. Crystals with grounding energy are also excellent — suggested crystals you can use.
- Tiger’s Eye
- Fire Agate
- Black Tourmaline
- Red Garnet
- Red Jasper
- Smoky Quartz
- Black Onyx
2nd Chakra — crystals with orange or gold color rays, are useful for unblocking your energy flow and having supportive properties -suggestions to use for the sacral chakra.
- Peach Moonstone
- Red Aventurine
- Orange Calcite
- Tiger’s Eye
3rd Chakra — crystals with yellow (think sunny and bright) can help motivate and bring focused balance — suggestions to assist with the solar plexus chakra.
- Malachite (green)
- Yellow Jasper
- Rutilated Quartz
- Pyrite (also called fools gold)
4th Chakra — crystals with green and pink help infuse love and compassion back into your heart chakra, creating a more balanced emotional state — suggestions to use for the heart chakra.
- Green Aventurine
- Rose Quartz
- Green Calcite
- Green Tourmaline
5th Chakra — crystals with blue can aid with communication, speaking your truth, and expressing yourself — suggestions for the throat chakra.
- Blue Apatite
- Lapis Lazuli
- Blue Lace Agate
- Blue Chalcedony
6th Chakra — crystals with indigo can help with intuition, visualization, and organization — suggestions to assist with the third eye chakra.
- Purple Fluorite
- Black Obsidian
7th Chakra — crystals with the color rays of violet, golden, white, or clear can help bring balance, purpose, and clarity — suggested crown chakra crystals.
- Clear Quartz
I genuinely hope this article was helpful in helping you bring balance into your world, and I would love to hear what crystals resonate with you below in the comments!!
Peace and blessings,