Getting started with Mythereum
So, you want to play Mythereum eh? Well here are some tips on how to get started!
First and foremost, before starting the game, you want to make sure your ETH wallet is setup. Without this, it will be extremely hard to enjoy the features, and you will not be able to save any progress or even cards!
If you are on mobile, you can use the new Portis login which provides a built-in wallet, or you can opt for Trust Wallet. Just make sure your wallet syncs with the Mythereum.io site before claiming your cards and beginning play!
This can generally be assured by changing your name in the top right corner by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner.
If you are on desktop browser (which I highly recommend for this game as some modules won’t be very accessible by mobile), you can use the new Portis login, or grab the Metamask extension. When you do, follow the same step as above, make sure you are sync’d to the site, and change your name from the generic in-game name. Depending on your browser, you may need to add the chrome store extension to grab Metamask, but if you choose Portis its streamlined into the welcome screen.
Ok, so now you are in! Don’t forget to send yourself some ETH if you can. You can find various marketplaces for purchasing crypto, or since we are using the OpenSea market, you can head on over there and get your first ETH setup via credit card or some of the various purchase options they offer!
Once you’ve done this, you’re ready to rock! The first couple of things you should do to get started is:
- Claim your free 30 Survivor Cards.
- Claim the initial notifications for approximately 3–4 Mythex (Mythereum in-game currency!).
- If you are brand new and haven’t seen how the game is played, I highly suggest watching the 30 second tutorial which can be found here.
- Join a guild! Why? There are many benefits, including experienced players who can give you a head start on the game including free resources, upgraded buildings, free cards and bonus MX! Network, network, network, teamwork is the name of this game!
- Start Battling! Head over to battlegrounds and join battles against other players or Warlords (NPCs!).
(HINT) Head over to Opensea and grab some cards with your ETH! You can even grab some Cryptokitties for really cheap and FORGE them into cards, giving you an upper hand on the competition early and fast! (aim for low generation and low cooldowns! I posted an entire guide on how to do so, here).
Once you’ve built a deck, head on over to the War Room, and set your Defender and Raider deck. I’ll explain more about these in a future article, but for now, you want your toughest cards defending your stronghold, and on the prowl!
- **Important: Resources in this game are SCARCE, every so often you will have the option to raid a Caravan, so take advantage of it when you can!!!!!! It rewards resources that are used to upgrade your city buildings which provides you more resources per day. Caravans are easy fights, so a couple of Mythicats, a couple of Awakening cards and if you are lucky, any Genesis card will do.
Well that’s it for the how to get started guide for Mythereum! Hope this guide helped you along the way and look forward to more articles to get your Mythereum itch scratched! Don’t forget to join the official Mythereum discord here!