[This position has now been filled. Thanks for your interest.]
Names & Faces is looking for a multi-talented individual to join our team in Cape Town in the role of Founder’s Associate. This role could be suited to a young, high calibre candidate or a more experienced individual who believes they have a lot to contribute.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, smart person who wants to join a start-up and is excited by the idea of playing an important role in the early stages of our company’s journey.
You’ll be the right-hand-man or woman to our MD, Paul Galatis. In this role you will be exposed to all aspects of the business and will have the opportunity to contribute widely. You will be employee number five so expect an all-hands-on-deck environment. Your first significant project will be in supporting Paul build out the company’s sales and marketing capability.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’ll be kind
- You’ll be an exceptional communicator and will care deeply about how you engage with people
- You’ll be over overqualified to be an assistant but excited by the learning opportunity and exposure a role like this will provide — so you’ll have no problem doing assistant-like tasks when required
- You’ll have a sound grasp of numbers and will be comfortable designing financial models, presentations and carrying out research
- You’ll be resourceful and show an ability to develop your own sales materials as you need them
- You’ll have invested in your own personal and professional growth over time and will be determined to continue doing so
- You’ll be efficient and proud of your organisational abilities
- You’ll be a fast learner, particularly when it comes to tech and new systems
- Ideally you’ll have had exposure to various web-based SAAS tools such as Xero, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, Olark, Freshbooks, Basecamp etc.
- You’ll be comfortable engaging with and presenting to CEOs and senior execs
- You’ll be willing to travel
If this sounds like you, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a few short sentences why you’d be great in this role and attach your CV as well as any other supporting material you think would help us get a better idea of who you are.
About Names & Faces
We believe knowing people’s names is a foundational element in building healthy social fabric in organisations. When we don’t know the names of the people in our companies we are less likely to initiate conversations with them, less likely to include them in our discussions and less likely to ask them for help. This unconscious bias impacts negatively on employee engagement, company culture and productivity.
At Names & Faces we create tools to help organisations build fast, beautiful directories of their teams to help people orient themselves, feel more welcome and to encourage more real life interactions. What we’ve built is not a new social network — the world knows we don’t need another one of those — and it’s not a new communication tool. It’s the simplest, fastest and most useful people directory ever developed.
We’ve worked with a small but growing number of clients to date. Some of the more recognisable ones include Ogilvy & Mather, Boston Consulting Group Digital Ventures, Mediclinic, AMV BBDO, Hilton College, Mandela Washington Fellowship, King James, the UCT Graduate School of Business, Old Mutual, wiGroup and Singita.
About Paul Galatis
Paul Galatis is an entrepreneur who has, along with his two partners, spent the past eight years building Yuppiechef.com, South Africa’s leading e-commerce store. The trio has grown the business to a team of more than ninety employees today, winning ‘Best E-Commerce Site’ at the South African E-Commerce Awards every year from 2010 to 2015.
In 2010 Paul led negotiations with US hedge fund Tiger Global who purchased a minority equity stake in Yuppiechef, helping fuel its growth. This transaction exposed Paul and his partners to many of the world’s leading tech start-ups.
Today Paul is a non-executive director at Yuppiechef.com and is the founder and CEO of Names & Faces.