We are gearing up for opening the 200 girls campus. I’m heading off for a 10-days meditation camp (Vipassana) after a hectic few months at work. Here’s January for you :-)
- We are raising funds to work on more diverse problems including working with abuse survivors, students who need more than a year due to inadequate maths or english baselines, etc.
- We have set up a way for you to pledge monthly donation. The suggested amount is 4% of your monthly income. Any amount when pledged monthly is a huge support for us. We aim to get at least 100 monthly pledges over a period of next few months. Pledge here. You can read about it in more details here.
- We are excited to be working with new corporate donors, admission partners and placement partners for the upcoming batch.
- We are adding a new member to our core team. She is expected to join in March. More details soon :-)
- At least, 10% of our students are working as facilitators to teach digital literacy, programming, etc. This is in-line with one of our objectives to create grounded, knowledgeable teachers who are genuinely interested to teach.
- From Feb onwards, we are going to release monthly infographics of how we are raising and spending the money.
- For the first time, our alumni donations hit 1 lac INR for the month of December.
- Our alumni conceptualised and implemented “Interview Camp” to prepare students for jobs better.
- We have setup a “Visitors’ Center” in Dharamsala for long term volunteers to stay, travel and contribute.
- Admissions of girl students is still a struggle. Having a center in Pune can prove to be useful since majority of our girls are from North of the country.
- We are hiring and need a team with clearer responsibilities and an approach to their growth.
- Our plans to start the counseling psychology course hasn’t materialised so far.
- Our Bangalore center is running at a low capacity currently. We hope to have many more girls joining us in April as soon as their exams are over.
You can help!
- Pledge monthly donations. Even if you are pledging a small amount, it means a lot.
- Donate old laptops. We will arrange the pickup.
- Help us identify placement opportunities in Pune.
- Help us identify organisations that are working on the grassroots with the youth, where we can mobilise our girl students from.
- Volunteer at our Dharamsala center for technology or soft skills.
Thanks for being a part of this journey. Hope to achieve greater things together.