As country prepares for lock down and Corona cases shoot up, the crisis is far from over. Not only there is a need of short-term relief work but a sustained effort to work on the disparity that the pandemic is magnifying multi-fold.
- Three of our alumni Komal, Nilam and Savita joining our team. This brings us closer to having diversity in our team and ensuring that Navgurukul is truly run by the students themselves.
- Incorporating process changes around goal setting for individual team members, communication, accountability and responsiveness. #ThankYou Aakanksha
- Looking at ways of directing our spends during the program to benefit local and rural economies. One of the most concrete steps is to open our 200 girls campus in a rural area instead of Pune as planned earlier. If you have any lead for a managed property that we should consider for 200 girls in a rural area, write back.
- After many lockdowns, new students have started joining our Bangalore campus. #ThankYou Milaan, VFS & other partners.
- We have launched an online course — “Introduction to Programming” for students who can’t join us at our residential centers. Helps us inculcate logical thinking skills at a younger age and expose the students to the magic of programming. We are targeting about 500 remote learners every quarter for this year.
- Need clearer policies and implementation around equality, diversity and harassment/abuse. Being a small team isn’t an excuse, however can be limiting. Any help would be appreciated.
- With most of our team now being our own students — an emphasis on their learning is critical.
- Need to expand our placement efforts as many of our existing partners aren’t hiring at the moment.
- When we guarantee a job — we are taking a big responsibility, and in times of corona to be able to deliver well to our partners, donors, students and their families isn’t an easy task. It requires us to push ourselves and make sure we do even better.
We need your help
- Volunteer and mentor! :-)
- Help us identify women candidates for our programs.
- Connect us to organisations who are hiring technical talent.
We hope that you are taking proper care of yourselves. Stay safe. While restrictions have been lifted, Corona is still there. The time is a strong reminder of how working on our physical and emotional health is most critical.