Increasing Bug Bounty Rewards for Inter-contract Call Functions Testing
Last week, the Nebulas team started a one-month public beta for inter-contract call functions on testnet. Community members were invited to find bugs on this function. We have decided to adjust the bounty rewards for discovered bugs.
The bounty rewards will be increased tenfold compared with before. Here are the new bounty rewards:
High risk (150+NAS): Bugs that may cause asset loss of users.
Middle risk (50~150 NAS): Bugs that may influence system stability.
Low risk (10~50 NAS): Other bugs that pose no threat on users’ asset safety and system stability.
We welcome everyone to come check for bugs in this new testnet feature!
These are the instructions on how to give feedback about discovered bugs:
- Please refer to the list of contacts at the following website:
Below is a listing of all the public mailing lists on lists.nebulas.io. Click on a list name to get more information
2. Then, click testnet-bugs, which will take you to a spreadsheet. Please enter in your personal email and subscribe. After that you will receive a confirmation email (make sure to check your spam folder if you didn’t receive it). Click on the link inside the email to confirm your identity.
3. Once your identity is confirmed, you will be able to send your feedback to Nebulas email group:
1. The Nebulas tech team will review the feedbacks and have a follow-up evaluation on the reported bugs. The evaluation time will depend on the severity of the problems and the difficulty of repair. The Nebulas team will send the evaluation result to the corresponding developers by email as soon as possible.
2. When submitting bugs, developers are required to give detailed descriptions on what the bug is and how it happens. For example,1. In the X method of contract A, call the Y method of contract B, the parameter is …..; 2, the calling process causes a system exception, the log information is as follows…; 3, other supplementary information.
3. If some developers give the same or similar feedback, then the first developer who submitted the bug shall receive NAS rewards.
4. When the inter-contract call function is officially online, the Nebulas team will announce the rewarded developers and send an email to the relevant developers to confirm their personal information before distributing rewards.
Community members are welcome to participate in the inter-contract call public beta and give us suggestions. Together we can build a continuously improving Nebulas ecosystem!