Nebulas Node Strategy Testnet Program Weekly Report (Jan 15 — Jan 21)
Two weeks have passed since the node plan went live on the testnet and thus far, a total of 52 nodes are currently participating with 41 nodes currently in a operational state being eligible to participate in block generation. While there seems to be no change in the total number of active nodes, there are nodes going online to offline and penalties being issued for missing blocks throughout the cycle. This process has been providing valuable data for testing.
Progress from last week:
A smart contract has been upgraded and the testnet has been updated; each node completed the upgrade process as well. Updates include:
- Fixed a bug where a block could not be recovered after being punished.
- Supports the use of registered addresses for node management, including applying for suspension of nodes and modifying addresses. Therefore, you only need to log in to one address in the Chrome extension NAS wallet to complete various types of management, without switching addresses.
- Performance optimization.
Email notification system nearing development completion. We hope to enable it before the Chinese Spring Festival.
- Notifications include missing block generation, penalties and being elected as a governance node. These notifications will better help the node operator monitor and make timely adjustments.
The NAS Chrome extension Wallet which is required by the node platform is still awaiting for review.
- Users who have installed the plugin must not delete it. Users who have not installed the plugin can download it directly on Github at https://github.com/nebulasio/WebExtensionWallet.
Plan for next week
Next week coincides with the Spring Festival holiday. First of all, we wish you all a happy Chinese New Year!
- Governance mechanism development continues. Development is expected to be completed in February followed by testing the consensus mechanisms and governance mechanisms together.
- Our staff will be available during the Spring Festival to provide Q & A support for node operators and community members with questions about the node strategy.
Node registration is still open to all. During the test period, the node revenue is distributed according to node’s participation rate.
- Understand testnet node plan: https://medium.com/nebulasio/join-the-nebulas-testnet-and-become-one-of-the-first-mainnet-nodes-65f8ec33891e
- Apply to be a node: https://node.nebulas.io/apply/ready
- For instructions of running the node on the testnet, please refer to: https://community.nebulas.io/d/638-testnet-launch-on-8th-january-2020-1-8