On Dec 31 2018, Nebulas core development team released Nebulas NOVA, the first blockchain network with native on-chain incentive. Currently, Nebulas NOVA begins its public testing on Nebulas testnet.
Nebulas NOVA realizes blockchain value measurement and native on-chain incentive, and facilitates core protocols upgrade simultaneously. It is an important milestone on the roadmap of Nebulas autonomous metanet. Community members can take part in building Nebulas NOVA via various methods, for example through the community bounty program, Nebulas NOVA testnet developer incentive program(DIP) as well as the native on-chain incentive. By making contributions to Nebulas NOVA and Nebulas ecosystem, community members can also receive NAS as reward.
Core features of Nebulas NOVA:
- Nebulas Rank (NR): Our open-source, core ranking algorithm. The algorithm is based on liquidity, propagation of users’ assets, and the interactivity between users. NR is used to rank addresses, smart contracts, decentralized applications (DApps) and other entities on blockchain.
- Nebulas Blockchain Runtime Environment (NBRE): NBRE is the execution environment for Nebulas core protocols and core algorithms (such as Nebulas Rank and Developer Incentive Protocol). NBRE is the foundation of core protocols and algorithm upgrades, and will automatically acquire and execute the latest version at runtime effectively.
- Developer Incentive Protocol (DIP): Provide native on-chain incentive for developers. DIP provides a positive feedback loop for developers to create high-quality decentralized applications.
Before Nebulas NOVA was released, we published the Nebulas Rank Yellow Paper, the off-chain Nebulas Rank, and Developer Incentive Protocol Nebulas Mauve Paper, which all paved ways, both theoretically and technically, for the release of Nebulas NOVA.
The release of Nebulas NOVA symbolizes that Nebulas begins the road toward the autonomous metanet. First of all, NBRE can upgrade Nebulas core protocols and algorithms in real time, which means that Nebulas will not have hard forks like the one in the release of Ethereum Constantinople (the value collapse caused by hard forks will affect the consensus in the entire cryptocurrency world). Meanwhile, NR and DIP modules based on NBRE have respectively realized closed-loop value measurement and value creation on blockchain, therefore it’s truly making Nebulas an ecological environment with self-evolving ability. More importantly, with sufficient consensus, any community developer can implement system-level features based on NBRE rather than just developing regular DApps.
Also, community members are welcome to join the Nebulas ecosystem and make their own contributions, via the following ways:
- Nebulas NOVA testnet bug bounty program: Community
members who find vulnerabilities on Nebulas NOVA testnet and submit to Nebulas team will have chances to get NAS reward. For more details please refer to: Nebulas Bug Bounty Improvement
- Developer Incentive Program (testnet version): Starting
from late January 2019, developers can deploy smart contract on Nebulas NOVA testnet to explore the Developer Incentive Protocol, and get some NAS as reward.
- Developer Incentive Program (mainnet version): In the first quarter of 2019, DApp developers can truly experience the on-chain native incentive on Nebulas mainnet, and get their corresponding NAS rewards by
deploying smart contract on Nebulas mainnet.