Nebulas Super Contributor Incentive Program Implementation Details
Nebulas is a next-generation public blockchain, aiming for a continuously improving ecosystem. The mainnet launched on March 30th this year, and was followed by the debut of the Nebulas Incentive Program in May. So far, nearly 3000 decentralized apps (dapps) of increasingly higher quality have been released on the Nebulas mainnet, which means it has the most dapps of any blockchain in the world.
In a blockchain ecosystem, we know that high-quality dapps need real users. We also believe community self-governance is an objective that the Nebulas team and the Nebulas community have in common. With this in mind, in the second half of the first season of the Nebulas Incentive Program, we will begin to roll out the first steps of the “Proof of Devotion” consensus protocol into our NAS reward process. The debut of super contributors, who help grow the Nebulas user base, is the first step in this process. The super contributors will not only receive NAS rewards, but be empowered to vote for the first, second and third place dapps among the Excellence Awards each week and choose the Monthly Champion of the Incentive Program.
Based on the principles of openness and transparency, we invite all community promoters, media, exchanges as well as other organizations and people that share the same ideology as Nebulas to become super contributors. By becoming a super contributor, you will participate in building our thriving community, and participate in the governance and decision-making of the Nebulas ecosystem.
Super-contributor Promotion Period: June 10th 2018, 00:00 — July 8th 2018, 24:00, Beijing Time, for duration of 4 weeks
Super-contributor Voting Period: June 20th 2018 00:00 — July 18th 2018, 24:00, Beijing Time, for duration of 4 weeks
Community builders that share the same ideals as Nebulas. Developers, community promoters, media, exchanges and other organizations and people are all welcomed to participate.
Criteria: Super contributors are the top 20 promoters that invite the most new users to the Nebulas ecosystem with their official invitation code (available at incentive.nebulas.io) every week.
In the event that different promoters invite the same number of new users, whoever achieved that number first will receive a higher ranking.
If there are fewer than 20 candidates for super contributors in a given week, then there will simply be fewer super contributors that week and the vacancies will not be filled.
Prize Allocation: The total prize pool is 10,000 NAS every week. The prize will be distributed proportionally according to the number of new users each super contributor has invited. The following formula can be used:
The prize of one super contributor = number of new users that they have invited / total number of new users that all contributors have invited * 10,000 NAS
Prize Source: Nebulas Community Development Foundation
Dapps judge panel composition: 20 super contributors and 3 members of the Nebulas team will form a 23 person judging panel for selecting award-winning dapps.
Selection criteria for DApps: All the DApps that are submitted to the Nebulas Incentive Program weekly and monthly awards.
Participants of weekly awards need to submit their DApps between June 10th 2018, 00:00 and July 1st 2018, 24:00.
Participants of monthly awards need to submit their DApps between June 3rd 2018, 00:00 and July 1st 2018, 24:00.
- 1 Weekly Champion Award every week
- 1 Weekly 2nd place Award every week
- 1 Weekly 3rd place Award every week
- 20 Weekly Excellence Awards every week
- 1 Monthly Championship Award every month
Voting procedure: Judge panel members will select the dapps they like and click on the vote button via the official Nebulas website, and send NAS to the smart contract addresses published by Nebulas to submit their vote. 1 NAS is equivalent to 1 vote.
Voting results: Every week, the top three most-voted dapps will receive the Weekly Champion Award, Weekly 2nd place Award, and Weekly 3rd place Award, respectively. The other 20 dapps will receive Weekly Excellence Awards. If multiple DApps get the same number of votes, then whichever of these DApps that accumulates the votes first will receive a higher ranking.
The Monthly Championship Award will have the same selection process, however, only one winner will be selected as the Champion. If two or more DApps have the same number of votes, then whichever of these DApps that accumulates the votes first will receive a higher ranking.
1. Every selected judge can vote with up to 10,000 NAS to multiple dapps. Judges can choose to allocate their votes as they please.
2. There is no lower limit on the number of votes; however, if super contributors decide not to vote, their status as super contributors will be canceled.
3. The official Nebulas site will publish voting results in real time. Members of the judging panel can submit their votes at any time during the one-week timeframe.
4. NAS used for voting will be returned to super contributors proportionally after the list of winners is decided. The return ratio is below:
For example, if a certain super contributor has voted with 10,000 NAS, of which 2000 are voted towards the Weekly Champion Award winner, 1000 of which is voted for the Weekly 2nd place Award winner, 1000 of which is voted for the Weekly 3rd place Award winner, and 6000 of which is voted for the Weekly Excellence Award DApps, then the following calculation will be performed:
NAS returned = 2000 * 90% + 1000 * 95% + 1000 * 100% + 6000 * 105% = 10,050 NAS.
Therefore, the super contributor will get an extra 50 NAS due to voting.
5. In the following scenarios, votes will be considered invalid. The submitted NAS will not be counted as a vote and will not be returned to voters:
A. Super contributors change the already binding voting addresses during the voting process
B. Super contributors vote before or after the official voting schedule
C. Super contributors send NAS to a unknown addresses by mistake
D. Non-super contributors send NAS to voting addresses
Program Schedule(Beijing Time GMT+8):
Nebulas Incentive Program overview:
- Weekly Prizes include: one Weekly Champion Award, one Weekly 2nd place Award, one Weekly 3rd place Award, 20 Weekly Excellence Awards, Referral Awards, 20 Super Contributor Awards.
Monthly Prizes include: one Monthly Championship Award, one Monthly Referral Championship Award, two Monthly Referral 2nd Place Awards, three Monthly Referral 3rd Place Awards.
- Monthly prizes will be selected among the 12 weekly winners (one champion, two 2nd place and three 3rd place every month). More details about the voting forms and rules for Monthly Awards are to be determined.
- Prizes for the New DApp Rewards in the first week will be distributed on June 22nd, thereafter, Prizes for the New DApp Awards will be distributed every Friday until the Incentive Program ends.
- Monthly Reward winners will be voted by super-contributors selected in the fourth week.
1) All taxes relating to awards received under the Nebulas Incentive Program, if any, are the sole responsibility of participants. All rewards will be issued in the form of NAS coins. Neither Nebulas nor its affiliates will be liable for any fluctuations in the price of NAS caused by the market;
2) By participating in the super contribution referral program, each participant agrees that Nebulas is permitted to use its name, image and intellectual property rights for the marketing and promotion related to the program;
3) Nebulas reserves the right to disqualify any participants deemed to be in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or the incentive program rules, or if the participant is infringing on the rights of others;
4) Nebulas reserves the right to unilaterally adjust to the program rules such as the amount and nature of rewards, selection criteria, time of announcement of rewards, voting methods and DApp ranking algorithms;
5) Nebulas, its employees and their affiliates hereby disclaim all liability for any type of claims, damages, losses or damages arising out of this incentive program, including promotion events relating thereto;
6) Rewards that cannot be issued for any reason will be reserved by Nebulas for the development of the Nebulas ecosystem and community;
7) If you have any questions about this incentive program or disagree with the results, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Nebulas:
Official website: Nebulas.io