The fourth Nebulas PoD mainnet governance cycle has begun!
On July 28th, the 4th PoD governance vote on the Nebulas Voyager mainnet will begin!
Voting time: Will will last between polling cycles 22528–23347. This will last approximately from July 28 6:05pm — August 2 1:05am, 2020 (Beijing time UTC+8)
Voting address: https://node.nebulas.io/govern
The Nebulas community is welcome to view the node platform and review the governance committee nodes, proposals, projects and to keep up with the voting progress!
Voting participants: 51 governance nodes, which consists of many node operators such as the exchange gate.io, professional mining pools and private pools such as Allnodes, Everstake, InfStones, itokenpool, keys, Lianke Community, MRH2, NAX.ONE, StackOfStake, $RICH, Utopia, and many more.
Voting method: Selected nodes will vote via the Nebulas governance portal. All nodes have a governance address and from this address, they will cast one NAX towards each proposal based on their preferred opinion.
Except for the Nebulas Technical Committee node, the remaining nine Nebulas Foundation Nodes will all vote abstain.
Proposals to be voted: 17 proposals as of this announcement, such as:
- NIP454 — The Voting Marketplace
Projects to be voted on: 6 projects, such as:
- NP276 — Explorer in Chinese
- NP290 — Website translation nebulas.io and all the other resources on the Russian language!
- NP288 — Nebulas Outreach Program
- NP293 — “Gaming on Nebulas” — Godot Engine Integration
The incentive for the third mainnet PoD governance vote has been sent. Since 100% of the 49 governance nodes participated, each node received 835.5441 NAS.
Selected governance nodes need to vote on ALL proposals and projects to gain governance incentives. The incentive is based on the number of governance nodes in one governance cycle. If all governance nodes participate in the vote, each node will receive about 900 NAS in governance incentives.
If a consensus node becomes a governance node for two consecutive governance cycles without taking part in governance voting and voting for ALL proposals, the node will not be able to be selected as a governance node for 820 consensus polling cycles (approximately one month). Be sure to vote on ALL proposals to avoid governance penalties.
What is a PoD governance vote?
Within the Nebulas PoD ecosystem, every 820 polling cycles (approximately 1 month), a governance cycle is held. The top 51 nodes that produce the most blocks in a governance cycle will be selected as governance nodes and vote on projects listed on Go.nebulas that are not closed as well as projects entering the testing phase. All governance nodes need to vote within 120 polling cycles (approximately 5 days) once the cycle begins.
Open transparency: PoD governance voting data is public with all the information available.
Joint Community Development: Supported by the Go.nebulas Foundation, the Technical Committee is responsible for code quality control and oversight while community members make their own proposals, community contributors (governance nodes) make decisions and community members can freely claim projects and implement them.
Learn about PoD governance mechanism at: https://nebulas.io/docs/PoDNodeStrategy.pdf
PoD governance vote history:
- March 10–12, testnet PoD governance vote, 42 nodes joined the test period voted for 4 proposals. View the result: https://medium.com/nebulasio/first-pod-governance-vote-has-ended-with-the-nebulas-awareness-development-content-creation-plan-89267410cd92
- April 29 — May 4, the first mainnet PoD governance vote, 51 nodes voted for 65 proposals/projects. View the result: https://medium.com/nebulasio/the-first-pod-mainnet-governance-vote-has-ended-7bd65347c1af
- May 29 — June 3, the second mainnet PoD governance vote, 44 nodes (42 finished voting) voted for 28 proposals/projects. View the result: https://medium.com/nebulasio/the-second-pod-mainnet-governance-vote-has-ended-d30215ca3f15
- June 28 — July 3, the second mainnet PoD governance vote, 49 nodes voted for 12 proposals/projects. View the result: https://medium.com/nebulasio/the-third-pod-governance-cycle-has-ended-9927c3cb38ca
Learn more about Nebulas:
Official website: Nebulas.io
Node Platform: node.nebulas.io
Smart asset platform nextDAO: nextDAO.io
New Telegram(EN): t.me/nebulasen
Telegram Node Operating Group: t.me/nasnode
Community Forum: community.nebulas.io