How to obtain NAT — Part 1: How to Pledge your NAS
“NAT is the asset derived from Nebulas Rank which will be embodied in the form of a NRC-20 Token and will serve as the only voting medium within the Nebulas ecosystem governance.”
All users with a Nebulas mainnet address (except for the blacklisted* address) can choose to pledge their mainnet NAS, receive via airdrop based on your Nebulas Rank (NR) and participate in Nebulas on-chain voting to get NAT.
How to receive NAT:
1. Obtain NAT by pledging NAS into the Pledging smart contract
Starting from May 5, 2019 (00:00, BJ time UTC+8), users of the main Nebulas network can choose to obtain NAT by “Pledging” NAS via a smart contract. Users who pledge NAS will receive NAT the following week after pledging. The minimum pledge amount is 1 NAS and must be pledged for at least one full week. If the user retrieves their pledge, the NAT distribution will be stopped.
◤ How to begin a pledge?
To begin a pledge, users can initiate a pledge transaction to the smart contract via their web browser (download available here: https://github.com/nebulasio/nas_pledge/raw/master/client/dist/pledge_client.tar.gz; detailed tutorial at the bottom of this post) and the user needs to confirm the amount of NAS to be pledged. This process can be done independently within the download application via your browser or you can use NAS Nano Pro to scan the QR code generated by the client to complete the pledge transaction.
Update: The above download package is now available live at https://pledge.nebulas.io. You can however still choose to use the download package.
1) In order to guarantee the acquisition of NAT, the user must send the NAS to the Nebulas smart contract address via a user-controlled address which you hold the private key for.
Do not send NAS to the pledge smart contract directly from an exchange or address you do not fully control.
2) A single address can only initiate one pledging transaction. If the address wants to make a second pledge transaction, the previous pledge needs to be canceled first.
◤ How to cancel a pledge?
Similarly, the user only needs to change the “Pledge” to “Cancel Pledge” within the download application to cancel the pledge and to have their NAS returned. After canceling, the pledged NAS will be returned immediately to the same address. As soon as the pledge is canceled, the NAT distribution will be stopped. Remember, NAS must be in the smart contract for the full weekly cycle to receive NAT.
◤ How to calculate the pledge cycle?
The pledge is calculated on a weekly basis. Only when a pledging transaction is completed one full week ahead of each Monday at 12:00 pm in Beijing time (UTC+8), the address would be able to receive the NAT distribution for the corresponding week.
For example, if a pledge transaction is completed before 12:00 pm on May 6, 2019, and NAS transferred to the smart contract is fully pledged for one week, the address that initiated the pledging transaction would be able to receive the NAT on the week of May 13, 2019. If the pledging transaction is completed after 12:00 pm on May 6, 2019, the NAT will be distributed on the week of May 20, 2019.
Smart contract address accepting NAS pledge: n1obU14f6Cp4Wv7zANVbtmXKNkpKCqQDgDM
(this is the ONLY pledging address for NAT, please DOUBLE CHECK the address before initiating any pledging transaction)
Old Address (abandoned): n1n5Fctkjx2pA7iLX8rgRyCa7VKinGFNe9H
Pledging tutorial online version - offline version without NAS nano will be available in Part II:
- Download the pledging client to your computer and extract the files. The download is available at: https://github.com/nebulasio/nas_pledge/raw/master/client/dist/pledge_client.tar.gz
2. Open the folder containing the extracted files and open the file “pledge.html” within your browser.
3. Query the pledge status: At any time, you can enter your NAS wallet address in the “From address” column,and click Inquire to view the current status of your pledge.
4. Verify and double check the Smart Contract address matches the above listed address and enter the amount of NAS amount you would like to pledge. Select the action as “Pledge” and then press the “Generate QR code” button and proceed to the next step.
You will see a generated QR code under the button. Simply use NAS Nano Pro to scan the generated QR code. If you do not have NAS Nano Pro, you can download it here: https://nano.nebulas.io.
5. Open NAS Nano Pro on your mobile device and tap the “Send” button followed by the QR code scan button on the top right corner of the application.
6. Scan the QR code, verify the address you are sending your NAS to (must match the smart contract address listed above), the pledge amount and press confirm to complete the pledge.
Once complete, you can verify the pledge using the “Inquire Pledge Status” option within the download application.
- For all information about the NAT airdrop, please refer to all announcements issued by nebulas.io.
- To protect your assets, please pay attention to fake applications, fake news, phishing websites, phishing emails, fake customer service, etc... The Nebulas team will never ask users for their private key — please beware of fraud! Nebulas is not responsible for any loss caused by the user or a third party;
To learn more about NAT, visit: https://community.nebulas.io/d/323-nat-nr-with-your-lunch-dinner-time