Neospective Creation Contest Round 2: Neo Hackathon Mascot
（This article was updated on June 2nd, 2022）
Get your creativity on–it’s time for Round 2 of the Neospective Creation Contest!
Neospective is a new content collaboration program hosted by Neo Global Development (NGD). Neospective is another way for Neo community members like you to get involved, make unique contributions based on your own skills and passions, and compete for community-voted prizes of up to USD $1200.
Round 1 of the Neospective Creation Contest wrapped up in January. In Round 1, Diagram Design, members of our global Neo communities offered up 64 amazing entries depicting different aspects of Neo and N3 ecosystem projects.
For Neospective Round 2, starting today and running through July 5th, 2022, we invite you to design a mascot for the Neo hackathon series. Read on to learn how you can contribute and compete!
In case you missed Neospective Round 1, here are the basics of this fun new way to engage with the Neo community. We at Neo are continually inspired by the time, energy, and soul that this vibrant community brings to all things Neo. Community project developers who contribute to the Neo protocol, stack, and associated capabilities do amazing work. But not every Neo community member is a developer. And not every meaningful contribution to the Neo community requires a GitHub commit.
Neospective invites our creative global community members to create all kinds of content to show off the goodness of Neo N3. We know that your content entries will be as awesome, but the best thing will be that they come from the unique perspectives of the Neo community.
If you want to share your own ideas by creating content to showcase or teach about Neo N3, then the Neospective Creation Contest is for you. We hope you’ll let your imagination run wild!
We’ve divided the Neospective Creation Contest into multiple rounds. Each round will focus on a different type of content. Round requirements will vary by content type.
How It Works
Round 2 theme: Neo Hackathon Mascot
In Round 2, we are calling for the best mascot design to represent the Neo Launchpad hackathon series. You don’t need to be a professional graphic designer to join in! You just need to get creative about sharing your knowledge of and passion for Neo N3.
What is a Hackathon Mascot?
A mascot serves as an ambassador of a specific company/campaign/contest. The mascot can be used in various digital and print marketing materials.
Neo Polaris Launchpad, our second global virtual hackathon, kicked off on March 7. Looking forward, Neo will launch a series of future hackathon competitions to continue to activate and foster a vibrant Neo N3 ecosystem. The Neo hackathon mascot will be the “visualization” of a series of future Neo hackathon events, expressing the excellence of Neo’s technology and the initiative and creativity of the explorers who participate in the Neo hackathons. Your mascot design may be used in future hackathon promotional materials or may inspire the final mascot design.
How to Create a Mascot for Upcoming Neo Hackathons
Here are some tips for creating a successful mascot for Neo’s hackathon series.
- Choose the right character
You can create any of three different types of characters: Humans, animals or objects. We don’t recommend one type over another. However, there are several factors you need to consider to choose the right mascot for you. Neo’s hackathons, a series of competitions to bring together Web3 developers to take on challenges and push the boundaries of blockchain technology, should have a mascot that feels development-oriented, novel, and futuristic.
- Create the personality of your character
We want the final Neo Hackathon mascot to be much more than a wordless design. In the digital world, a mascot comes to life and can communicate directly with the audience. So, take some time to think about the personality you want to give your mascot. To help us better understand the concept you come up with, please submit design outcomes consisting of two parts: an electronic document of the design drawing, and a brief description of its personality.
- Design your own Neo Hackathon Mascot
1. Exaggerated features can make your mascot memorable.
2. Consider using unusual or distinctive colors to make your mascot stand out.
3. Try to avoid characters that have already been chosen as mascots.
4. Give your mascot a memorable name.
How to submit a contest entry
The submission period runs from May 6th until July 5th.
To enter a mascot design in the contest:
- Follow Neo on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Neo_Blockchain
- To enter:
- Post a tweet in which you share your Neo hackathon mascot design. Use the hashtag #Neospective; #Neo Hackathon Mascot, and tag @Neo_Blockchain.
- Send your design outcome and contact information here.
- Now you’re entered!
3. In addition to your official contest entry, you also can post your work in the r/NEO community to share it with community members who may wish to tip you in GAS via the r/NEO GasBot as a further incentive for your efforts.
How to vote on contest entries
You can be a part of the contest even if you don’t have a design to contribute: Just vote for your favorite entries! After the July 5th final submission date, we will invite the Neo global community to select contest winners through two rounds of judging.
- Voting period:
-July 5th — July 12th — vote for the top 3 mascot designs:
NGD will provide a Google form that lists the links to all eligible designs. Each voter may vote for up to 2 different entries in the form. (If a voter votes for the same submission multiple times, this will be counted as one vote in total.)
-July 13th — July 15th — vote to rank the top 3 mascot designs:
- By voting, you’ll be entered into a random drawing to receive one of 20 awards of a Neoverse NFT blind box each. Voting entries will be counted as one entry per voter in total.
To celebrate your ideas and efforts, we’ll award top place prizes ranging from USD $300–1200 each.
- NGD will award prizes to the top 3 best qualifying works as selected by the community. Prizes will be awarded in $NEO: NGD will award prizes to the top 4 best qualifying works as selected by the community.
-First Place: USD $1200
-Second Place: USD $500
-Third Place: USD $300
- The mascot that wins first prize will be used as the official mascot of the Neo Hackathon in a series of subsequent social media promotions. There is also the opportunity for the mascot to be made into NFT series and physical dolls.
- Up to 20 additional, randomly drawn qualifying entries will be submitted to receive honorable mention awards of USD $25 in GAS each.
- For every qualified submission, entrants will receive a Neoverse NFT blind box as an entry prize!
- Awards will be distributed after Part 2 of the voting period is completed.
These requirements and tips can help you prepare your entry for Round 2:
- Let your creativity flow! Do your best to catch our eyes and evoke the whole community with your brilliant inspiration and marvelous ideas. Nothing goes before creativity!
- All entries must include elements reflecting：
- Neo’s branding image (logo, slogan, products, etc.)
- Neo Hackathon elements
3. Check out the Neo press kit to access Neo branding images, colors, etc.
4. Do your best to catch our eyes and evoke the whole community with your brilliant inspiration and marvelous ideas — Nothing goes before creativity!
Terms and Conditions
By entering the contest, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You may submit more than one entry to the contest.
- Each individual entrant is eligible to win only 1 prize. However, if one or more entries from the same individual receive high marks but don’t win because you already won a prize for another stellar work, NGD will still officially promote your other mascot design(s) in the Neo community and on Neo social platforms.
- Works that received an incentive from NGD before the launch of the Neospective Creation Contest will not be rewarded again.
- Do not use any copyrighted materials unless you have the copyright or written permission to use them.
- Your content must comply with all local laws and regulations. Please do not post anything promoting illegal, racist, or hatred behaviors; this will disqualify your entry.
- By submitting an entry to the contest, you as a participant agree to grant NGD the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the participant’s video without further compensation or notification to you.
- NGD reserves the right to explain and change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Neo official website: https://neo.org
Follow Neo on Twitter: @Neo_Blockchain