17 Ways Getting A Master’s Degree In 9 Months Is Like Being Pregnant
by Kristin Marguerite Doidge
- You tell yourself, “it’s just for nine months,” but once you do the math, it’s actually more like 40 weeks.
2. At the outset, it seems like a good idea, but every so often you irrationally ask your friends if you can “just back out.”
3. New afflictions like anxiety and acid reflux suddenly appear.
4. Mood swings include pure unadulterated exhilaration, hypoglycemic-related spouts of anger, and unannounced bursts of tears for seemingly no reason at all.
5. Nightmares frequently feature themes of inadequacy and utter panic.
6. You’ll exercise again after “these crazy 9 months are over.”
7. Your romantic life has become, well, sort of non-existent.
8. You’re suddenly and fiercely protective — and very proud — of your “work.”
9. You get excited about a “night out” — which includes being in bed by 9pm with a cup of tea and the latest “House of Cards” episode.
10. Late night (fine, all day…) cravings include chocolate, candy, macarons, ice cream, and pretty much anything salty.
11. You’ve never been so excited about the prospect of sleep before in your life.
12. Your friends will help you get through it.
13. There are times you wish it would be over…
14. …But you’ll be sad when it is.
15. There will be some pain and agony throughout the process…
16. …But the beautiful reward in the end is totally worth it.
17. When it’s all over, you’ll reminisce and wish you could do it all over again.