IBM DevOps and Software Engineering Professional Certificate(Offered by IBM)
Launch your DevOps and Software Engineering Career. Master DevOps, Agile, Scrum, CI/CD and Cloud Native with hands-on job-ready skills.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Develop a DevOps mindset, practice Agile philosophy & Scrum methodology — essential to succeed in the era of Cloud Native Software Engineering
- Create applications using Python language, using various programming constructs and logic, including functions, REST APIs, and libraries
- Build applications composed of microservices and deploy using containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift) & serverless technologies
- Employ tools for automation, continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) including Chef, Puppet, GitHub Actions, Tekton and Travis.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Cloud Native
- Application development
- Software Engineering
- Test-Driven Development
- Behavior-Driven Development
- Iaas PaaS Saas
- Hybrid Multicloud
- Cloud Computing
- Agile Software Development
- Scrum Methodology
There are 13 Courses in this Professional Certificate
- Introduction to DevOps
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Agile Development and Scrum
- Hands-on Introduction to Linux Commands and Shell Scripting
- Getting Started with Git and GitHub
- Python for Data Science, AI & Development
- Python Project for AI & Application Development
- Introduction to Containers w/ Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift
- Application Development using Microservices and Serverless
- Introduction to Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Application Security and Monitoring
- DevOps Capstone Project
About this Professional Certificate:
DevOps professionals are in high demand! According to a recent GitLab report, DevOps skills are expected to grow 122% over the next five years, making it one of the fastest growing skills in the workforce.
This certificate will equip you with the key concepts and technical know-how to build your skills and knowledge of DevOps practices, tools and technologies and prepare you for an entry-level role in Software Engineering.
The courses in this program will help you develop skill sets in a variety of DevOps philosophies and methodologies including Agile Development, Scrum Methodology, Cloud Native Architecture, Behavior and Test-Driven Development, and Zero Downtime Deployments.
You will learn to program with the Python language and Linux shell scripts, create projects in GitHub, containerize and orchestrate your applications using Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift, compose applications with microservices, employ serverless technologies, perform continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), develop testcases, ensure your code is secure, and monitor & troubleshoot your cloud deployments.
Guided by experts at IBM, you will be prepared for success. Labs and projects in this certificate program are designed to equip job-ready hands-on skills that will help you launch a new career in a highly in-demand field.
This professional certificate is suitable for both — those who have none or some programming experience, as well as those with and without college degrees.
Applied Learning Project
Throughout the courses in this Professional Certificate, you will develop a portfolio of projects to demonstrate your proficiency using various popular tools and technologies in DevOps and Cloud Native Software Engineering.
- Create applications using Python programming language, using different programming constructs and logic, including functions, REST APIs, and various Python libraries.
- Develop Linux Shell Scripts using Bash and automate repetitive tasks
- Create projects on GitHub and work with Git commands
- Build and deploy applications composed of several microservices and deploy them to cloud using containerization tools (such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift); and serverless technologies
- Employ various tools for automation, continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) of software including Chef, Puppet, GitHub Actions, Tekton and Travis.
- Secure and Monitor your applications and cloud deployments using tools like sysdig and Prometheus.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, receive a commission.