This Interactive Visualization Tool Will Supercharge Your Data Narrative
EntiTree is an effort that started in mid-2020 and is a merger of other wikidata visualisation tools about trees, with some extra features that make it more usable and navigable.
The mission of EntiTree is to support the following people:
- researchers of any level that want to explore wikidata connections in a visual way 🧪
- scientists that are keen to use an interactive taxonomy tree 🔬
- historians investigating royal families 👑
- students of any kind of discipline, that want to enrich they knowledge 🎓
- curious random and non English-speaking people from around the globe, thanks to the multilingual feature 🌎🌍🌏
- Wikidata editors and contributors, especially if they are interested in spotting missing or duplicate links 🤓
From the tree above, one gets a visual map of Harry Tanoesoedibjo’s family: The Indonesian billionaire, who is the founder of MNC Group, has four daughters and one son.
While Harry Tanoesoedibjo is a second-generation Indonesian-born Chinese, Sudono Salim is a first-generation Chinese Indonesian who was born in the Fuzhou province in China in 1916 and migrated to Indonesia in 1936.
Traveling across the ocean to the USA, EntiTree now shows you the beautiful family tree of the Facebook billionaire. Mark and Priscilla have two little kids: Maxima Chan Zuckerberg and August Chan Zuckerberg.
The US president Joe Biden, on the other hand, has a richer publicly available data of his family. You can further explore the tree interactively to dig into the current US president eventful family tree: https://medium.com/family-trees/joe-bidens-family-tree-8f135b63038d
Please feel free to get in touch with any member of the EntiTree team, for technical queries or help around the user interface Orlando is the right guy, for anything related to (wiki)data Martin will be more than happy to help you. You can follow EntiTree on Twitter too.