Weekly Crypto #1
Stay ahead of the game with weekly industry updates, aimed to capture all important crypto and blockchain news of the week.
One week in crypto and blockchain world can be like a month in a regular business. From cryptocurrency market changes to regulatory updates and new blockchain technology breakthroughs, crypto industry’s news is constantly buzzing with new information, research and interesting development.
Regulations & Finance
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Confirms Move Into Security Tokens: A fully-licensed exchange, GSX’s recent move toward security tokens highlights a growing trend away from last year’s ICO boom. It might also suggest further acceptance and adoption of digital assets by traditional financial services and exchanges.
- Malta Stock Exchange to Develop Two New Platforms for Security Tokens: A subsidiary of the Malta Stock Exchange and Binance, Neufund aims to become an end-to-end primary issuance platform for security tokens, equity tokens in particular.
- Goldman Sachs Confirms Appointment of Crypto-Friendly CEO: It was only a matter of time for the leading investment bank to lean more into crypto and putting pro-crypto leadership on the driving seat is a good signal for the crypto community.
Industry & Technology
- Blockchain in Telecoms Will Become $1 Billion Industry by 2023: Blockchain technology is on its way to contribute almost 1$ billion to the telecoms sector within the next five years, MarketWatch reports in a new research.
- Opera adds a crypto wallet to its mobile browser: The Opera Android browser will soon be able to hold your cryptocurrencies. The system, now in beta, lets you store crypto and ERC20 tokens in your browser, send and receive crypto on the fly, and secures your wallet with your phone’s biometric security or passcode.
- Plasma “Almost Ready”: Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum’s inventor, stated that Plasma implementations are almost ready. Plasma itself has been in development for now around a year, and an improved version called Plasma Cash sort of does to Plasma what sharding does to ETH by kind of parallelizing the merkle trees.
This is just the first of our many installments planned. You’re welcome to also follow our Monthly updates to stay ahead on regulation in blockchain.