Home chefs create a new industry
A new food business is emerging in the cities:
So, popular high priced restaurants have real competition. It’s home chefs.
- Home chefs are hosting meals at their homes.
- They offer unique cuisines and culinary history behind the food.
- Internet and social media helps cooks to invite the patrons. Check out Authenticook & Commeat.
- Each meal costs INR 850 per person onwards.
- Homechef Alka ( Delhi) serves food from Western UP.
- Homechef Vinka ( Delhi) serves authentic Punjabi food.
- Homechef Tanya ( Delhi) serves vegan Italian.
- Delhi writer Sadia Dehlvi’s Iftar-e-Dastarkhwan .