Motherson Sumi has grown 6000 times since it went public
**Quiz: Who is 2018 Forbes India entrepreneur for the year? **
A) Paytm’s Vijay Shekhar. B) Oyo’s Ritesh Aggarwal
C) Zomatos’s Deepinder Goyal. D) Ola’s Bhavesh Aggarwal
Time is up. Answer is none of the above.
Vivek Chand Sehgal is the man
- He is 62 and from Delhi-NCR. He heads a company with a valuation of more than INR 85,000 crore. It started as a 15 crore company.
- The annual revenue of his company is more than INR 56,000 crore. Their profit after tax for FY 18 was INR 1597 crore.
- It has grown 6000 times. An investment of ₹2,500 in the MSSL IPO is worth ₹89.7 lakh today.
Still what’s the name of the company?
- It’s Motherson Sumi. It has Japan’s Sumitomo Wiring Systems as its partner.
- It owns 271 factories across 41 countries. Over 43 years he has acquired over 21 companies.
- Motherson Sumi would be among the top 15 auto parts company by 2020.