New cars at heavy discount
There is low demand for the cars in this year’s festive season. Weak rupee and banking woes are not helping car companies.
- High fuel prices restrict using the cars.
- High insurance costs are restrictive.
- Share market is facing the negative headwind.
Discounts are being offered on hatchbacks, sedans, and SUVs by companies, ranging from mass players such as Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra, Ford and Tata, to luxury sellers like BMW, Audi and Mercedes
How big are the discounts?
- INR 50,000 on Maruti Alto.
- INR 70,000 on Mahindra Scorpio SUV.
- INR 14 lakh on BMW 7-Series saloon.
Dig deeper: Economic Times