New on Medium? Do All These.
Use Medium in an effective way and make the most out of it.
I hope you just joined Medium and have so many questions and doubts. I have been using it for a while now. Made some mistakes, learned many lessons, and now, little wiser than before.
Here, I am going to tell you some very basic but really effective ways to use your Medium account. Let’s dive into it.
- Read, read and read some more: The more you read, the more you learn. And here on Medium, you don’t just learn, but you give also. When you read an article, the author can see the number of views, total reading time on his story, which are great encouraging factors. Also, it decides the author’s income(if they are in Partner Program).
- Don’t forget to follow: This one is very important, and you can’t grow without it. When you follow a person on Medium, you will be followed back. I don’t mean that everyone you follow will follow you back, but most people do (at least I always follow back) and this is how you grow.
- Clap for the stories you read: Whenever you read a story, and you like it, don’t forget to appreciate the writer’s effort. A clap won’t take much of your effort. All you need is to click on the clap icon.
- Highlight what you like: If you like an article and if there is something that touches you, copy it from the article and put it in the comment and highlight it and appreciate the author for sharing it.
- Choose your words correctly: Well, this is just the extension of the above paragraph. What I really mean here is that try to be polite and give positive feedback. Tell people what you like about their article and what you learned. Don’t criticize. Please don’t. Relating to this, really like the quote I am sharing below.
Your feedback should help people win. Else it is just criticism. — Ankur Warikoo
I hope you liked my own views and what I have observed and learned so far on this platform. I wish you all a great experience here.