Introducing: The Mail Pilot Yacht Club
A while back, I floated an idea by Mail Pilot’s fans. The response was even better than I expected. Now, I’d like to introduce you to the Mail Pilot Yacht Club.
Here’s what Mail Pilot Yacht Club members get:
- Access to the Mail Pilot Discovery Edition for Mac.A special version of Mail Pilot for Mac, loaded with all of the features we’re working on for the next major version of Mail Pilot, plus some Discovery Edition-exclusive features. We have some amazing new concepts we’ve been dying to introduce to Mail Pilot — you’ll get them as we build them, and you’ll get to help us shape and refine them with your feedback. Crafted for you, these features will help you be uber-productive. That, and more, only in the Discovery Edition — the perfect app for Mail Pilot’s biggest fans.
- Access to the Yacht Club exclusive Slack community. Our Slack group is the place to discuss the cutting-edge features in Mail Pilot Discovery Edition, as well as ideate on new features and directions. You’ll get fast support in the #support channel. And we have a number of off-topic channels for discussions with like-minded fellow YC members, like #apple (where we’ll host watch parties during keynotes), #software-development, #software-design, and more. We’ll host office hours, community events, and weekly discussions — all this, and more, in the Yacht Club exclusive Slack community.
- Priority support. And you don’t even have to use email! Just post in the Yacht Club Slack #support channel, and your question will be prioritized for a member of our team to respond to first.
- A sustainable Mail Pilot. As a member of the founding community, you’ll be helping to ensure that Mail Pilot will stay in active development every week of the year. By trying out the latest and greatest ideas from Mindsense, and sharing your feedback, you’ll be helping to craft the future of Mail Pilot, and email. If enough of the crowd joins on, everyone gets a Mail Pilot that is loved and cared for every single day, pushing new innovations into email.
- Every current version of Mail Pilot. Besides access to the Discovery Edition, you also get access to every current numbered version of Mail Pilot. And if you decide to leave the Yacht Club, you get to keep the current numbered version of Mail Pilot (as long as you’ve been a member for long enough to pay for the regular version of the app).
Now here’s the really cool part — you have a one-time opportunity to test out the Yacht Club with me.
Soon, we’re launching a Public Preview that will include most of the Yacht Club perks, and it’ll be free for the duration of the Public Preview. You’ll get Mail Pilot Discovery Edition which will be loaded with everything we’re preparing to release in Mail Pilot 3 for Mac, and you’ll have access to the exclusive Slack community. If, when we launch Mail Pilot 3, you decide to join the Yacht Club, you’ll keep it all for just a few dollars a month. If you decide it’s not for you, no worries — you’ll be removed from the Slack, and you can purchase Mail Pilot 3 to replace your Discovery Edition app.
After Mail Pilot 3 launches, the Discovery Edition will start seeing two things:
- Insane new features we’ve been testing for the next version of Mail Pilot that can ~10x a heavy email user’s productivity (and ~2x a light user’s productivity)
- Advanced features that incur an ongoing cost, and therefore cannot be included in the versioned Mail Pilot apps.
This is a Public Preview of the Mail Pilot Yacht Club with the Discovery Edition app and the Yacht Club exclusive Slack Community. You get to try it all out, and with your feedback, I’ll tweak how it all works to make sure the Yacht Club is something really special for Mail Pilot’s biggest fans and founding community.
As it says at the top of the new Mail Pilot Yacht Club page:
When you join the Mail Pilot Yacht Club, you are doing a lot more than simply supporting great software. You’re investing in the future of innovation in email — and getting access to it before it’s public. You’re getting the chance to shape the future of Mail Pilot, and email itself, by getting tomorrow’s innovations today, and by sharing your thoughts in the Yacht Club exclusive Slack community. With the Discovery Edition of Mail Pilot, you and your productivity will always be one step ahead. Only Yacht Club members — founding supporters of Mail Pilot — get access to the Discovery Edition and the Slack community. Oh yeah — priority support and always having access to the latest versions of Mail Pilot are great perks, too.
Together, we can make this the best thing to happen to email and personal productivity. Join me on this adventure by signing up for updates at http://mindsensehq.com/mailpilot/