Introducing Next Gen’s Chapter Manager Program
Next Gen Summit is searching for a team of Community Chapter Managers.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs — full-time, part-time, and students — who want to build community in their city or on their campus.
Hey! We’re Next Gen Summit — a global community uniting and supporting amazing young entrepreneurs. Through regional events, an online platform, and our flagship Next Gen Summit, we connect inspiring, ambitious, and passionate young founders. From there, we provide them with the resources they need on their professional journeys, including access to capital, mentorship, education, and more.
For 3+ years and counting, we’ve supported thousands of young entrepreneurs across the globe. Our 2018 invite-only Next Gen Summit welcomed nearly 800 participants and our digital presence spans to 8,000 founders. We’ve also partnered with Walmart, Capital One, Silicon Valley Bank, GoDaddy, and other leading organizations to help us better serve our community.
Now, we’re looking to further our reach and impact by working with a cohort of Community Chapter Managers across the world. We know that true community impact happens on a local level, and we want to grow our tribe in partnership with extraordinary entrepreneurs themselves.
Chapter Managers are the lifeline of Next Gen in cities and campuses. They’re our local leaders, ambassadors, and best friends. They are brilliant people who care about what’s going on locally and want to get involved. Their job is, at a core level, to create community and impact lives.
What do Chapter Managers do?
- CONNECT 1:1 with local members through Coffee Chats and Office Hours
- CURATE a database of helpful, local resources entrepreneurs should know about
- HOST monthly meet-ups, ranging from dinners to networking events
- LEAD bi-annual speaker events
- BRIDGE your chapter to the larger Next Gen Community
- CELEBRATE local entrepreneurs by creating content featuring members and the chapter
What is the CM commitment? We’re looking for folks based in a city or studying at a campus who have the time and energy to dedicate to being a Community Manager for 1 year. The term will begin in late fall and run through the summer of 2019. While ranging on a week-to-week basis, Chapter Manager commitment can oftentimes require more than 15 hours per week, especially when planning a large-scale speaker event. This is serious stuff, but know that we’re here to help you from Day 1 through eternity. You will never be alone, and we’ll set you up to succeed from inception.
Why should I be a Chapter Manager? The work of Next Gen Community Chapter Managers is grounded in impact. As a Chapter Manager, you will drive innovation through supporting local entrepreneurs, enabling others to succeed both personally and professionally. Additionally, you’ll:
- FORM meaningful relationships with talented game-changers, and establish a reputation as someone to know and connect with.
- GROW your personal brand, undoubtedly causing your company to follow suit.
- BE FEATURED across Next Gen’s channels, including on our website, social media platforms, in a Spotlight series, at Next Gen events, on LinkedIn, and more.
- JOIN a community of Chapter Managers who will soon become a second family. This collection of like-minded leaders will be your go-to support network along the journey of being an entrepreneur.
- RECEIVE special access to all things Next Gen, including free event tickets, Next Gen+ platform membership (Jan. 2019), and more.
If this sounds like the program you’ve been searching for, visit our website for full details about the program.
We’ll be making decisions by the end of October. Questions? E-mail TeamCM@NGSummit.com. We look forward to seeing your application!