Rebecca Ryan and her team host free webinars to help you imagine brighter futures. Be the first to know when new sessions are added by subscribing to our newsletter.
It’s Alive! Autonomous Public Transit + Future Cities
Friday, Nov. 20 at 1 pm Eastern/10 am Pacific
Coproduced with the Alliance for Innovation
Not so fast.
The City of Grand Rapids, Michigan has been testing AVs (autonomous vehicles, AKA driverless cars) since 2019. Join Transportation Analyst Ken Miguel-Capriano and the Alliance for Innovation’s Joel Carnes to talk about Grand Rapids’ award-winning program and the future of autonomous transit.
From the Counties’ Seat: A Conversation about the Future of Public Health, Social Justice, and Public Safety
Friday, Dec. 04 at 3 pm Eastern/Noon Pacific
Co-produced with the Alliance for Innovation
Counties are having their moment!
Maybe because CARES Act funding flowed through Counties, or maybe because Counties are where the rubber meets the road for public health, public safety, and equity, this “Futures Friday” features several of America’s most dynamic and forward-facing county leaders for a candid discussion about why Counties are having their moment and what the future of local government may look like in a more socially just, economically equitable, post-COVID world.
* Shannon Flanagan-Watson, Arlington County, Virginia, https://www.linkedin.com/in/sflanaganwatson/
* Steve Morohisky, Lane County, Oregon, https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-mokrohisky-2719985/
This Futures Friday is co-produced by the Alliance for Innovation and NEXT Generation Consulting, Inc.
Be the Change: Resonance and the Future with Dr. Ginny Whitelaw
Friday, Dec. 11 at 1 pm Eastern/10 am Pacific
If you’re paying close attention, you’ve noticed broken relationships:
* Our relationship to our natural environment has deteriorated, leading to the climate crisis;
* Our relationships with others has frayed around our differences, contributing to systemic racism, tribalism, and fear;
* Our relationships with ourselves has been disrupted by digital and social media addiction, which crowds out opportunities for stillness and connection.
What’s the key to healing and wholeness?
“Resonance,” says Dr. Ginny Whitelaw.
In this special, one-hour conversation, you’ll hear the thesis behind Ginny’s #1 Amazon bestseller and how to apply it to yourself, your relationships, and the causes you care about, now and in the future.
[Hello, you good-looking so-and-so! If you’ve attended Futures Friday and have some ideas, please add them to the Suggestion Box.]
- Scenario Planning for Anxious Times with Rebecca Ryan: blog, recording
- Think Like a Futurist 101 with Rebecca Ryan: recording
- Hope and Foresight with Rowena Morrow: recording
- Post Traumatic Growth: How the pandemic can be a force for positive change with Dr. Charlie Grantham: recording
- Two Futurists, Best Practices, and Why we “Future” with Yasemin Arikan and Rebecca Ryan: recording
- What’s Next: Workplace edition with Jason Lauritsen and Rebecca Ryan: recording
- From Idea to Impact with Strategic Doing with Yasemin Arikan: recording, blog
- How to Brainstorm Brighter Futures with Yasemin Arikan: blog, recording
- The Future of Work (@Home) with Dr. Charlie Grantham: recording
- The Future of our Kids+Schools with Dr. Creston Burse and Dr. Kecia Ray: recording
- Beyond “Back to Normal” #1 with futurist Dr. Peter Bishop, interviewed by Rebecca Ryan: recording
- Beyond “Back to Normal” #2 with futurist Peter Hayward, interviewed by Rebecca Ryan: recording
- Using Stories to Shape Futures: Causal Layered Analysis with Rebecca Ryan: recording
- Imagine Brighter Futures Workshop #1 with Chelsea Hassler: recording
- Preparing for the New Day: Local government finance, innovation and foresight with Mark Funkhouser, Nick Kittle, and Rebecca Ryan: recording