Chipotle Finally Unveils Their Guacamole Recipe
In a surprisingly wonderful move, Chipotle has finally released exactly how they go about making their guacamole. This may not seem like a big deal, but the guac is so damn good that this is a game changer.
Chipotle released the recipe via their official website:
THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
That wasn’t that difficult, now was it?