A full masternode requires 25,000 NEXT as collateral. This is an amount that will not be changed. However, our community has expressed the desire to have a safe environment to be able to share nodes since the collateral is relatively high.
We have listened to our community, and here it is!
A portal where users in possession of 5,000 NEXT, can apply, and earn rewards for supporting our Blockchain!
How do shared masternodes work?
- There will be a total of 5 masternodes, which leads to 25 shared masternodes spots (to start, this may increase) available for sharing.
- Each masternode is split into 5 slots requiring 5,000 NEXT per slot.
- Each account can reserve a maximum of 1 spot.
- Shared masternodes are entitled to receive seniority bonuses.
- More information on seniority bonuses may be found here (point 3).
- Masternode rewards will be distributed on a monthly basis to Shared masternode participant accounts.
- Rewards will become available and shown on our website.
- Shared masternode participants can decide at the end of each month if they wish to continue reserving their slot.
- Should a shared masternode participant chose to leave his reserved slot, the masternode will continue operating without impacting seniority rewards and a new user may fill the now vacant spot.
How do I reserve a Shared masternode slot? What do I need to do?
- To reserve a Shared masternode spot, you must register an account on NEXT.exchange and have a minimum account balance of 5,000 NEXT coin.
- Once you have registered an account, please navigate to: https://next.exchange/masternode
- You will be greeted with the following:
- Click on the “Apply for a shared masternode button”
- As we see I need at least 5,000 NEXT coin to apply for a shared masternode.
- No problem! To deposit NEXT to your account, simply go to the wallet page and make a deposit to your Next (NEXTX) address. Our Blockchain is very fast, your NEXT should arrive in seconds.
- Once your wallet is refreshed with NEXT, navigate back to the Shared Masternode page, click on the apply button, the following should appear:
- The rest is quite simple.
Should you bump into issues, have questions or concerns, contact our support via the following link.