Gate.io Review: How To Trade Successfully — A Must Read!
In this article, you will learn about one of the top crypto exchanges — Gate.io.
Gate.io is an advanced crypto exchange that supports the trade of over 1000 crypto pairs.
This exchange has one of the highest trade volumes on Coinmarketcap.
And hey! before I forget, you can make some passive income off this platform.
If you want to be in the know about this exchange then, let’s dive right in!
Before I unpack all that I have for you in this post, here is what I intend to cover;
- Gate.io (An Overview)
- Features of Gate.io
- Products and Services
- Native Tokens of Gate.io
- Supported Currencies and Countries
- Fees and Payment Method
- Limits and Verification Requirements
- Customer Support and Public Opinion
- Frequently Asked Questions
All set? Let’s get started!
Gate.io (An Overview)
Gate.io is a subsidiary of Gate.io Technology. It is a crypto exchange founded by Lin Han.
This exchange launched in 2013 as Bter.com but rebranded to Gate.io in 2017.
Gate.io used to be a Chinese-based exchange providing fiat on-ramp services to users.
However, it has since shifted attention from China and has remodeled into a crypto-to-crypto exchange after the crackdown of crypto in China.
Currently, this company is headquartered in George Town, United Kingdom, and it supports users worldwide.
Gate.io is one of the largest crypto exchanges in the world by trade volume.
It ranks 6th on CMC with a $3,648,383,836 trade volume as of May 21, 2021.
On this exchange; you can trade, borrow and lend crypto assets, participate in Defi, and earn passively off your coins.
This simply means that can crypto projects can host their ICO or IEO on their exchange.
You can now head over to the next section, where I will show you its features.
Features of Gate.io
- Intuitive UI
- Advanced trading tools
- Plethora of tokens
- High trade volume
- Super secured SSL Link
- Offline Bitcoin Wallet Technology
- Low Fee
- Mobile App
Below, I will take you through all the services offered on this exchange.
Products and Services
There are tons of cryptocurrency-related products and services offered on this exchange. I will exhaustively discuss them below.
i. Deposit USD
This is a newly launched product on Gate.io.
It allows you to buy cryptocurrencies from a third-party platform with fiat currencies by depositing your USD with Gate.io.
“Market” shows you all the cryptocurrencies that can be traded on this exchange.
It equally shows you their trading pairs too.
The following types of Trades are available on Gate.io:
- Spot Trading: This is where you exchange your crypto asset for another — Say you placed an order to buy or sell 1INCH for your BTC.
- Margin Trading: Here, you are borrowing additional funds from Gate.io to perform your trade. Note that this type of trade can amplify both your profits and losses.
- ETF: ETF simply stands for Exchange Traded Fund. Gate.io allows you to trade, leveraged, combined, and inverse ETFs. More so, it supports up to 143 ETFs. Impressive!
- Push Transaction: Using this feature, you can flexibly trade your cryptocurrencies directly with another Gate.io user in a peer-to-peer manner.
- Perpetual: Gate.io supports two types of Perpetual contracts — BTC Settled and USDT settled.
- Delivery: This is basically futures trading, BTCUSDT and ETHUSDT are the 2 contracts supported. Contracts are settled Quarterly, Weekly, and Bi-Weekly.
- CBBC: This is a futures contract that allows you to predict the market trend of a crypto asset in the future (whether Bullish or Bearish). Read more here.
- Warrant: This is similar to options trading. It is a contractual right to buy or sell an underlying asset at a specific price in the future. Note that, as of May 2021, “Warrant” is still on the testnet. Find more details here.
Gate,io has the following services under Finance:
- HODL & Earn: Here, you can earn passively by staking any of the supported crypto assets for a predetermined time. For instance, you earn USDG when your stake your GT tokens for 7 days, e.tc. Note that you cannot withdraw your staked assets until the contract is settled.
- Periodic Investment Plan: This is a dollar-cost averaging (DCA) product on Gate.io. It is one of the very best investment strategies in crypto that allows you to buy a fixed amount of crypto-asset periodically. Click here to learn more.
- Crypto Lending: This is where you lend your crypto assets to margin traders and earn an interest in return. You can withdraw your interest after 10 days.
- Dual Currency Product: This is the DCD investment plan on Gate.io. Learn more.
- Crypto Loan: Here, you lend a certain cryptocurrency (let’s say EOS) as collateral to borrow another crypto (say BTC). However, your collateral must be up to 70% of your borrowed amount. The loan obtained must be repaid before or after the duration of 10 days.
- Margin Borrowing: If you wish to top up your trading capital, Gate.io allows you to borrow any of your desired crypto assets with either BTC or USDT. Note that you need to, first of all, deposit your BTC or USDT to your Margin wallet/account before you can borrow.
- Yield Farming: Here, you earn passively by staking your coins to the following yield farm pairs: ETH/BTC, ETH/BTC, and SUSHI/ETH
- Lending and Farming: This is very similar to the “Yield Farm” product we discussed above. The difference is that here you can earn passively by adding liquidity to over 70 liquidity pools that are not paired.
v. Quantitative Trading
This basically allows you to automate your trade using the grid trading strategy.
You can use “Quantitative trading” to conduct both Futures and Spot trading. Learn more.
Gate.io offers you its custodial cold storage and a hot wallet to store, send and receive over 180 cryptocurrencies.
vii. Other Products on Gate.io
This is the “Token Sale Platform” of Gate.io. You can participate in any of the ongoing ICO by clicking on the image of the token and following the instruction that follows.
With this, you can search for any Blockchain-related terms and get their meaning instantly.
3. Voting Activities
Here, users are allowed to vote for the listing of two quality projects. In the end, the project with the majority of votes will be launched.
Also, all voters can win an airdrop of the project token too. However, to qualify for any of the list votings, you must have HODL your GT tokens for 14 days.
4. Gate Chain
This is Gate.io’s blockchain and it is dedicated to funding safety and decentralized exchanges. Find more details here.
Block.info is the block explorer on this exchange.
It enables you to view all the transactions that have taken place on 4 respective blockchains: BTC, ETH, USDT, and GT_EVM.
Having completely discussed the products on this exchange, we will talk about its native tokens below.
Native Tokens of Gate.io
Gate.io has 2 native tokens that aid in the smooth running of the platform.
- Gate Token (GT)
Gate Token (GT)
This token is an ERC-20 token and it powers two ecosystem of Gate.io:
- Gatechain: Just as ETH is used to pay for gas fees on the Ethereum blockchain, the GT token is likewise used to pay for network fees, and also for POS mining on Gatechain –the public blockchain of Gate.io.
- Gate.io Exchange: Here on Gate.io, the GT token is used to pay for trading fees at a discount rate.
It also serves as the currency that permits a user to participate in any activity carried out on the exchange including Vote Campaign, HODL & Earn, e.tc.
Initially, the total supply of this token was 1 billion. However, the team behind it implemented a buy-back and burn function to their coin some years later.
USDG is a USD stablecoin managed by Gate.io.
It is interoperable with the Gatechain and Ethereum blockchain.
Gate.io users can swap their USDG for another stable coin on S. Finance.
They can also earn this token by participating in Gate.io HODL and Earn product.
These are the two tokens of this exchange…
Meanwhile, scroll down to the next section… I will take you through the Supported Currencies and Countries.
Supported Currencies and Countries
Gate.io supports over 600 cryptocurrencies with over 1000 trading pairs; including ETFs.
I have a list of some of them here:
- BTC, ETH, BNB, GT, USDG, XRP, DOGE, LTC, PIG, DOT, SHIB, ADA, CHR
- FUN, EOS, BCH, FIL, SUSHI, AKITA, ZEC, ETC, MATIC, AAVE, UNI, HT, FEG
- CRN, TRX, BSV, ASS, DOGGY, XVS, 1INCH, PLNL, KSM, XCH, TBT, SOL, ICP
- ONT, ATOM, JGN, SAFEMARS, DASH, POLS, BAKE, QTUM, BTM, SXP, FTT
- AVAX, ZKS, VET, ERG, SAFEMOON, CSPPR, LUNA, NEO, LION, RED, DODO
- TWT, GRIN, CHZ, AE, DAO, FTM, XLM, CAKE, THETHA, ANKER, REEF, RNDR
- XTZ, AQT, ZEN, BCN, DBC, PERI, KFC, CRT, NEAR, BTC3S, ETH5L.MKR3L e.t.c
Gate.io supports over 180 countries. Find some of the supported countries in the table below!
The following are the list of countries that are NOT supported on this exchange:
- Washington State ( U.S. A)
- New York ( U. S. A)
- North Korea
- The Government of Venezuela
Next, we will look at the fees and payment methods on this exchange. Keep reading!
Fees And Payment Methods On Gate.io
- Deposit USD — 0.08%
2. Trading Fees — This fee is calculated based on your:
- Tier rate: Gate.io has up to 16 VIP tiers and it is calculated based on your 30days volume trade
- GT holdings: You get a 70% fee discount when you pay with this token
- Points: You also get a 70% fee discount when you pay with this token. 1Point = $1 trade fee discount, and you can buy them on Gate.io.
See the trading fees at a glance!
Pi Coin Review (2021) — What You Should Know About The Pi Network!
This post is a detailed review of Pi coin, a cryptocurrency that can be mined with mobile phones.
For Spot trading:
For Futures trading:
3. Deposit and Withdrawal fee
4. Crypto Lending Fee
Scroll down to the next section!
Limits And Verification Requirements
The verification requirements on this exchange is not that tedious. Here they are:
- Full name
- Identity document (National ID, Driver’s License, Passport)
- A picture of yourself holding your passport and a note with your gate.io account ID
Note that you must complete your verification before you can trade or withdraw from this platform.
Hope you are still here? Good!
Now, let’s head straight to Gate.io’s Support and reviews!
Customer Support and Public Opinion
You can send your queries or complaints to Gate.io through these channels:
- Support Ticket: https://support.gate.io/hc/en-us/requests
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gate_io
- Telegram: https://t.me/gateio
You can also make use of the “Help Centre” or the “C2C guide” on the website.
We will look at the Public Opinion from these platforms:
These are all I have for public opinion. You can give us your personal review in the comment section…if you are already using this exchange.
We are almost close to the end of this review. Scroll down!
I answered some of your questions about this exchange.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I register an account with this exchange?
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Gate.io and click on “Sign Up”
2.Fill in the registration form and click on “Next”.
3. Enter your “Fund Password” and click on “Create account”.
3. A verification email will be sent to your email address. Click on the link and activate your account by entering your email address and password again.
Congratulations! You now have a Gate.io account.
2. How do I deposit funds into my Gate.io wallet?
Here is a quick step to guide you through:
1. Log into your Gate.io account, navigate to the “Wallet” section and click on “Deposit”.
2. On the “Search box”, type in the crypto asset you want to deposit. (Remember to select the right “Chain”; for crypto that has multiple blockchains.
3. Once you are done with the step above, a “QR code” and a “Deposit address” will display on your screen.
4. Send the coin to the address by scanning the Qr code or pasting the address to the wallet you wish to send from.
And that’s it!
3. How do I withdraw my funds from Gate.io?
This is an easy step on how to:
1.Log into your Gate.io account, navigate to the “Wallet” section, and click on “Withdraw”.
2. On the “Search box”, type in the crypto asset you want to deposit. (Remember to select the right “Chain” for cryptos that exist multiple blockchains)
3. Enter your wallet address, write a short description, and then enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
4. You will find your fee already displayed on your screen. Enter your “Withdrawal password” and click on “Send Email code”.
5. A Withdrawal code will be sent to your email. Copy and paste it in the “Email code” box. Click on “Submit Request”
It is that easy
4. Is Gate.io Safe?
I will say yes based on these points:
1. It has a high trust score rate on CMC
2. It secures users funds with a cold storage wallet and Super secured SSL
3. It is one of the top exchanges with high trade volume (this shows that the exchange is a big one and it is trusted by many users)
4. It has been in existence since 2013 and has a known a founder
5. The team behind it is also very active on their social media platforms.
6. The exchange accepts a wide range of cryptocurrencies and has continued to list promising altcoins such as Tenset.
See How You Can Earn Up to $300 for Participating in Gate.io AMA Tenset
However, this exchange has been hacked in the past; when it was Bter.com.
Nonetheless, I suggest you DYOR before investing!
Ps: If you want to learn how to trade cryptocurrencies profitably, we developed a perfect course to help you master Cryptocurrency Trading.
Go to www.ctmastery.com to enrol.
Gate.io is one of the top exchanges where you can trade multiple cryptocurrencies with advanced trading tools.
Most of its services are designed to give you the best trading experience. No doubt!
Here is where I will draw the drapes close for this review.
But what is your view about this exchange?
Do you still have a question about this exchange?
Drop your comment in the box below.
Feel free to click on the Share buttons! Cheers!